Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update lock screen issues

(Topic created on: 16-01-2022 04:32 PM)
KelsieCummingsLE
Apprentice
Options

Whenever I have an unanswered phone call or my alarms go off, it turns my phone on instead of going back to sleep. For personal reasons, I stopped using pins, passcodes, or any locking to secure my phone years ago. It seems the only fix to my problem, is to place some type of passcode on my phone. I am trying to figure out if there is another way to fix this issue with out putting a passcode on my phone. I don't want a passcode, and I don't want to feel forced to do something I don't want to do

5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Have you tried using
Smart Lock
Settings
Lock screen
Smart Lock
AndrewL
Options

@KelsieCummingsLE: Please can you confirm the model number of your phone, so I can look into this further for you? Typically, if your screen 'wakes' following a phone call or alarm, then you should be able to tap the Side Key/Power button to place it back in an idle state, without the need for a PIN, pattern or password. 

KelsieCummingsLE
Apprentice
Options

I can place it back to sleep by pressing the side key. Before the update it would automatically go back to sleep. Now, it'll stay open on the home screen until I press the side key. Model number SM-N986U

KelsieCummingsLE
Apprentice
Options

Yes. It still opens up my phone to its homescreen whenever I miss a call or my alarm goes off. Before, it would automatically go back to sleep and not open.

LandLover
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue with my Note 20 Ultra.  I also have blurry camera at start bug, focuses if you hit softly to back of the phone. Lastly i have an issue with calls, whenever i speak through handsfree, my voice becomes static to caller.  I won't buy Samsung brand anymore

0 Likes