Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI4 Android 12 problems after upgrade

(Topic created on: 22-01-2022 10:32 AM)
Indyfras
Apprentice
Options
My phone was working perfectly until the UI4 upgrade. Has anyone else come across these problems and have you found a solution?

1 The contactless payment system is no longer working
2 The Samsung smart LED cover no longer works correctly:
2a the led part no longer works - so just an expensive dumb case
2b it used to auto lock when the case closed - that no longer happens
3 the Samsung LED editor app will no longer load

8 REPLIES 8
Indyfras
Apprentice
Options
Should also add: on the Home screen I have several pages. When I open the smart LED cover it automatically loads the app which is on the 2nd column of the first row of the page I was last on. Have tried leaving that position with no app icon and it works perfectly. But if there is an app icon there, it auto loads when I open the cover.
INTRASERVER
Pathfinder
Options
1. Contactless payment you can fix by Go to apps, Google Play Services, tap three dots upper rt hand corner, uninstall updates. After it may require to delete added card and to re-add.
2. Need to wait app update. This isn't related to OneUI.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
GothicGeisha
Navigator
Options
Follow the same steps for SamsungPay too if your using that instead.
Members_CCuif88
Apprentice
Options

Yup, Samsung have goosed my led case too, closing the cover no longer autolocks the screen. 

Samsung, you should be ashamed.

Pon3s
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with the LED case for my S20 since the UI 4.0 update.

The LED editor app failed to update a few times and now shows that it is up to date.

The time was displayed on the case for a moment at one point, but no longer appears on closing the case. The auto-lock seems to work OK.

Notification icons no longer work.

Indyfras
Apprentice
Options
Thought I'd just update. Followed the steps for Google Pay as above, tried it again tonight - still not working. Also, I still have all the other problems. Looks like this will be the last Samsung I ever buy.
0 Likes
Indyfras
Apprentice
Options
Just received a software update. Haven't had an opportunity to test out the contactless payment yet, but everything else appears to be working again.
0 Likes
Indyfras
Apprentice
Options
Tried contactless payment yesterday and it has now been fixed too.
0 Likes