Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The recent apps/recommended apps doesn't work any more

(Topic created on: 07-04-2022 02:58 AM)
LaRusso
Explorer
Options

It used to change with your recently used apps, but now it's just the same 4 all the time. You can turn it off completely with the three dots but it was pretty useful. 
7 REPLIES 7
Mobz
Voyager
Options
Get Good Lock from Galaxy Store, then install Home Up within App. It has option in Task Changer section to display recommended apps 👍 Enjoy
LaRusso
Explorer
Options
Yeah it displays fine as you can see in the screenshot, but those 4 icons used to be my recently used apps but now it's 4 random apps I barely use. I just wanted to get it back to how it was before the update basically.
0 Likes
Mobz
Voyager
Options
The above method should work for you.

Other than that, perhaps try wipe cache partition, then once loaded and showing recents screen, use the 3 dot menu to show recommended apps
LaRusso
Explorer
Options
I'll give it a go thanks buddy
DannyT
Options

You can also show recent apps on the Edge Panel.

Settings > Display > Edge panels > Panels > Apps > Edit > More (3 dots top right) > Show recent apps > Turn this On.

You'll now be able to view recent apps by swiping the right edge of your screen.

Welcome to the Community!

caleb4
First Poster
Options

I don't like the recent apps in the bar on the right, is there a way to get them back in the app overview with the three buttons like they used to appear?

Chris8118
First Poster
Options
I agree, the recent apps option was a multitasking winner.
The new update has turned it into system apps which let's face it who uses them on a regular basis.
Can you sort this update blunder out please Samsung.