Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Thank god I got the note 20 ultra!

(Topic created on: 14-01-2021 10:50 PM)
Ben650
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
The S21 series looks pants! Downgraded screens, downgraded materials, downgraded storage options, downgraded memory.

I really hope the rumours of the demise of the note series are untrue or the note 20 ultra will be my last Samsung phone. 
5 REPLIES 5
swills9
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Agree, was thinking about changing to the 21, then realised I would be no better off at all ! so....no 21 for me
0 Likes
smiley
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Are you for real ??  

What exactly were you expecting ?  I don't think there are many things that didn't get leaked about the S21 ultra... before today anyway.  I would like to understand your justification for the statement 'Look Pants' ... please enlighten ??

To be honest I watched the presentation at 3pm GMT with a very open view.  I have a Galaxy S10 plus which is coming on 2 years old, and it is time to consider a replacement.  

Actually the refinements to the camera compared to the S20 ultra and the Note 20 Ultra look really promising... along with the Exynos 2100 which looks very good from initial benchmarks and for once to be as good as the Qualcomm 888 equivalent... and the addition of the S-Pen as a useable feature... which is now of a size that may actually be useful for more than just the odd scribble than the note sized pen that is uncomfortable for anything other than a few minutes of usage, especially if you have adult sized hands ! :).   

I also really like the look of that new camera that is moulded into the shape of the chassis rather than looking like a separate camera block cut into the back of a phone as an after thought. 

The main thing that I am really shocked about is how good the deal is available for pre-order.   A free pair of £219 buds pro which are also just released, a free £30 tag (to give a go i guess), and also a £380 trade in value for my old Galaxy S10 plus... which I wouldn't expect to be able to sell for that even privately.   

When all this is considered, it seems like a no brainer to me.   I am about to pull the trigger.   I am very glad I didn't get tempted into buying the Note 20 Ultra before Christmas when there were selling off for approx £1029 in some UK deals... this for me is a corker of a deal. 

Happy days

Smiley :smiling-face: 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S21 ULTRA 512GB SM-G998B/DS
Samsung One UI 3.1 / Android 11.

Samsung Watch 3 45mm SM-R840 in Black
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
My contract on my S10 ends soon and I'm certainly upgrading.
Ben650
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Well less so for the ultra but my opinion still stands.

a clunky solution for the s pen. I like the fact that my s pen fits inside the phone, and I actually use the air gestures that the Bluetooth brings. and I always have the option of a bigger one when I'm at my desk.

I find the note 20 ultra camera brilliant and the images are stunning. But what I can't forgive is the lack of expandable storage. I have a 1tb card in mine that is over 1/2 full of videos and music.

I don't want to have to sacrifice what I can or can't have on my phone. I don't own a pc anymore. I use my note with a lapdock and dex at home and just the note when I'm out and about. so for me a phone that doesn't compromise on anything is important. the s21 series all have compromises.

but hey. it's just my opinion. if the s21 series suits your needs then good for you. for me, it's a step backwards
smiley
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Ok fair enough... and you have put some facts to those points.   I think 'looking pants' is a bit harsh, but still... everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

Perhaps for me, an upgrade from an S10+ is a massive jump.  Although I look at the S21 ultra specs against the previously ultra's and I can't see any Downgraded screens, materials, or memory. 

The S21 ultra has a 12 or 16GB memory option...with a 256GB or 512GB storage.   I certainly wouldn't go for any less than 256GB, but I agree with the lack of MicroSD option... that is a little disappointing.   

I quite like the larger pen idea... my hands are relatively large and the small note pen has never taken my fancy... for anything other than a quick note.    I hope that with a larger pen I might even be able to use this in a 2 hour business meeting to write down as a notebook and with a fair sized S-Pen to go with.  

In all honesty i was very close to buying the Note 20 Ultra around Christmas when the sales were on.  I think both look like great phones, and I am still a little bit torn.   I think with the pre-order deals available today, then i will go with the S21 Ultra and be done with it.  

Thanks for coming back with your justifications, and probably i would argue you have some very valid points :smiling-face:

Cheers

Smiley 😃

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S21 ULTRA 512GB SM-G998B/DS
Samsung One UI 3.1 / Android 11.

Samsung Watch 3 45mm SM-R840 in Black