Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software updates

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 06:20 AM)
SarmadAsjad
Apprentice
Options
Why does snapdragon variants gets software updates quicker and faster than the exynos, like exynos is samsungs own chip they should receive updates faster rather than months later than snapdragon variants 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't believe they do. What data do you have that illustrates this?
0 Likes
SarmadAsjad
Apprentice
Options
they do because I watch YouTube videos and on them they show that us versions which is snapdragon already has next security patches while we are still stuck on the previous ones
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Software updates rollout are affected via Region , eligible phone model and serial / build number.

And in some cases if the phone is branded i.e been supplied by a Network who wants to test the new software before allowing Samsung to push it out to ensure nothing clashes with their network features and own apps.

A phone having an Exynos or Snapdragon soc wouldn't in my opinion affect then a phone gets an update.

My phone which has the Snapdragon 865+ received the Android 11 and Samsung One Ui 3.0 update on the 4.2.21 which was in some cases way after people with the Exynos soc.

Some YouTube reviewers are supplied with phone's by the manufacturers to review hence they may have the newest updates on them already.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes