Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Software Update Notification

(Topic created on: 30-01-2022 10:29 AM)
Sirfoxelot
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I received the February software update on my Note20 Ultra this morning.
However, now, my phone is stuck with a notification saying "your phone has been updated" . 

Swiping the notification doesn't clear it, and you only have the option to snooze it for 15mins to 2hrs.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this? 
Go to solution
12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@ElaineT: Based on reports by other Community members, the February security update began rolling out at the end of Jan, but will reach some people sooner than others based on factors such as location and network provider. If you head to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Other Security Settings > Scroll to the bottom > Security Policy Updates, and make sure that this is toggled on, then navigate to Settings > Software Update > Auto Download Over Wi-Fi, then you should be good to go. You can also manually check for the update via Biometrics and Security > Security Update. 

0 Likes
JustAskDave
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Yep! That worked for me too!  Thought I had tried everything too...

0 Likes
Reinara
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Such problems happen all the time and most often when you least expect them. The easiest and surest way to get rid of this notification is to reinstall the phone's firmware. Most likely, it will cost some money, but you will restore the phone without losing data. For example, this cannot be done with a computer since all data is formatted when reinstalling Windows. So I bought indian proxy servers to store all the data there and access a certain network from any device. I advise you also to duplicate all the data from your phone. So as not to lose them in a critical

0 Likes