Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update Notification

(Topic created on: 30-01-2022 10:29 AM)
Sirfoxelot
Pathfinder
Options
I received the February software update on my Note20 Ultra this morning.
However, now, my phone is stuck with a notification saying "your phone has been updated" . 

Swiping the notification doesn't clear it, and you only have the option to snooze it for 15mins to 2hrs.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Sirfoxelot: If you're happy that the update process has completed, then try restarting your Note 20 to see if this clears the notification. Alternatively, press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts to perform a Soft Reset. Let me know if this helps. 

View solution in context

16 REPLIES 16
St3velj
Journeyman
Options
I've got continuous btooth connection problems since the Android 12 update.
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Sirfoxelot: If you're happy that the update process has completed, then try restarting your Note 20 to see if this clears the notification. Alternatively, press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts to perform a Soft Reset. Let me know if this helps. 

Suchy1977
Pioneer
Options
Have you tried a hard reset? Hold vol up and power button together until samsung logo comes BACK on after shutting down. May work?
0 Likes
Sirfoxelot
Pathfinder
Options
Thank you . The soft reset solved the issue.
Had previously just tried restarting the phone, which made no difference
DrSEP
Student
Options
I had the same issue. I just tapped the notification and a dialogue box came up saying 'your phone has been updated'. Tapping OK got rid of the notification.
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
I'd suggest also clearing the device cache following the update just to refresh the device. There appears to be a few lingering issues with updates under A12 that clearing the cache resolves.
0 Likes
AM4N
Voyager
Options
February Patch already?!
0 Likes
Sirfoxelot
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah. Says security patch 1st Feb 2022Screenshot_20220130-201255_Software update.jpg
0 Likes
ElaineT
Explorer
Options
I've got the S21 ultra but not received this month's update yet, has it just started rolling out.
0 Likes