Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart select -> copy to clipboard

(Topic created on: 11-01-2022 05:08 PM)
Matt1410
First Poster
Options
Hi.
Im note user since note 1 and now im using 20 ultra.
I can't wrap my head around why Samsung deleted feature to copy selected fragment of screen to clipboard. I remember using it, and it disappeared since note 4 got update to android 4.
Its so fundamental feature of s pen. 
Anyone knows why it was deleted and why still is not come back?
6 REPLIES 6
Sirfoxelot
Pathfinder
Options
There is an option to copy a screen selection into another app.
If you select the segment of the screen, then tap Pin/insert, you can then open another app and drag and drop the selection into it.
HELP2
Student
Options

I have the same problem and I definitely did try to insert it into another app that doesn't work.  All Smart Select does now is to PIN.  If I'm doing something wrong please provide an example how to use this new feature or reconsider putting it back it was so much easier.

HELP2
Student
Options

To First Post.  I just went into YouTube and I did find out how to use the new feature for Smart Select.  The copy feature is still there.  Here's the YouTube link to show you how to do it:

https://youtu.be/TvoX20SPIFs

it definitely works.

b_r_i_g_h_t
First Poster
Options

Great link, thanks for sharing. However, I just figured it out with images. 

0 Likes
Members_n5OyYgc
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately I can't play the video 😞

It says

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue. 

Can you do something about that or is there a reason it is not working? Maybe it is on purpose?

0 Likes
dissapointed20ultra
First Poster
Options
No you can't drag and drop from pin but you can click on a funny "T" button and save the "Text" to the clipboard.
Sounds good but when you return to the app you needed the text for, it you get a message saying it has been deleted.
0 Likes