Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card

(Topic created on: 27-03-2023 11:56 AM)
Mike64
Apprentice
Options
I used a Samsung Note 8 for around 5 year's then bought another phone a Samsung Note 20. I put my SIM into the Samsung Note 20 and it registered straight away. While I am in Cyprus I want to put a local SIM into my Note 8, I fitted a SIM and entered the PIN code and for some reason it asked for the PUK code, I've never come across this before, when I entered the PUK code it it said I was unsuccessful, so dismissed and used it without the SIM, in the status bar the notification says "Invalid SIM" I then put the SIM into my dual SIM Note 20 and it registered straight away. Why is the Note 8 telling me that the SIM is Invalid? I would be grateful for any help.
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
silverviking76
First Poster
Options
You'll have to ask the network you had a sim card for previously for a phone unlock code this will be registered against your phone imei number.
They might charge you £10 for the code.
Mike64
Apprentice
Options
I did they gave me a code but they did not tell me what to do with it and when you have to put it in.
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
A PUK is usually asked for when you've entered the incorrect PIN 3 times you have to contact your network provider for your PUK