Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD expansion for Galaxy Note20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 25-05-2022 05:09 AM)
ItzZia
Navigator
Options
Does anyone know how to expand sd storage to Note20 Ultra?

I have inserted a 16GB sd card from my camcorder to my phone and I wanted to expand it on my phone. I'm running with the latest android software with One UI 4.1
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options

@ItzZia: The SD card will need to be formatted for use with your Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, therefore please backup any existing data on the card before proceeding with the steps below.

With the SD card inserted, go to Settings > Battery and device care > Storage > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Advanced > SD card > Format

Your device is compatible with micro SD cards up to 1TB capacity, which can be used to store personal files and media, but not applications and their associated data (in most instances). To set the SD card as your default storage location for photos and videos captured via the Camera app, please open the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol in the top right > Storage location > SD card. 

To move files to the SD card, please swipe up from your Home screen > Samsung (folder) > My Files > Images (as an example) > Press and hold on an image, then tap any others you'd like to move (or hit 'All' in the top left) > Move > Back > SD Card > Select a folder, or create a new one > Move here. 

0 Likes