Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screensaver Resets Automatically

(Topic created on: 01-05-2022 07:05 PM)
HeyYouGuyzzz
Apprentice
Options

Starting about a week ago (maybe 2 weeks) the screensaver resets to "Colors" after any interaction. This started right after an update came through. What happens is I use my phone as a clock/alarm next to my bed and when I set the Screensaver to "Clock" I see it as I expect, but if I interact with the phone in ANY way - tap the screen to wake it up, take it off the charger, acknowledge or snooze the alarm, whatever - it resets automatically to "Colors" and stays that way until I go in to settings and change it back. How do I get the screensaver to change to "Clock" AND STAY THERE...?

16 REPLIES 16
Candi565
Apprentice
Options

Sure

0 Likes
HeyYouGuyzzz
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL OR instead of waiting for everyone to do your job for you, we have provided you with step-by-step instruction on how to reliably repeat the error. Isn't this your job? To take customer reports of issues and relay them along with the information provided, especially when it is thoroughly documented.

AndrewL
Options

@HeyYouGuyzzz: I am unfortunately unable to escalate your issue from this position. I do understand that it isn't ideal, however my suggestion to send an Error Report is the most efficient means of escalating the matter, and achieving a solution, as this is an unexpected behaviour of the Screen Saver feature, and may be software related. Alternatively, please feel free for provide the details requested in my previous post, and we can continue to troubleshoot the issue. 

0 Likes
HeyYouGuyzzz
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL Can we get someone else to respond then? What is the point of the forum if you are unable to do anything when we present you with the problem and the necessary steps to reproduce it? This is a Samsung forum on a Samsung site for Samsung customers to get help with problems with Samsung devices. If you can't or won't forward the information to engineers to assist then that is a "You Problem". In the real world my job is an infrastructure engineer for a major organization in the Western US (without doxing myself, if you lived in Colorado or West you HAVE heard of it). My job is to take reports exactly like this and if I can't fix them get them to the people that can. That is exactly what you need to do here - take the information and create a trouble ticket and get it in the hands of the people that can deal with it instead of just saying "Not my problem!" and drifting away.

Figure it out
Journeyman
Options

THIS MIGHT HELP:
It appears to be the Samsung clock/alarm feature triggering this. To fix it, find & open Samsung app called "Clock," find settings in the menu, go to "About Clock," choose to undo the update (revert to original version) which should put it back to ver 12.1.00.17.  Close clock & go reset your screensaver to what you want then dock/charge your phone.  The problem should be fixed.

moxibustion
First Poster
Options

I have this issue too, but on a Galaxy Note 10+ 5G. When I click on "About Clock" it doesn't let me revert to the previous version though, at least the option to do that isn't there. I'll try to find the option elsewhere.

0 Likes
Amy36
First Poster
Options

Hi, so I've been having the same issue. However I think i may of managed to fix it. I use Google clock as my normal screensaver but like with you, after any interaction it would reset back to colours. However, I went into Samsung clock app settings and there's an option that says 'change system settings' and originally mine was on 'allowed' but I turned that option off so it no longer had permission to change system setting and that seems to have sorted the problem. Not sure if that will work for everybody but thought I'd put it out there incase it does help people! 

0 Likes