Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screensaver Resets Automatically

(Topic created on: 03-05-2022 04:23 PM)
HeyYouGuyzzz
Apprentice
Options

Starting about a week ago (maybe 2 weeks) the screensaver resets to "Colors" after any interaction. This started right after an update came through. What happens is I use my phone as a clock/alarm next to my bed and when I set the Screensaver to "Clock" I see it as I expect, but if I interact with the phone in ANY way - tap the screen to wake it up, take it off the charger, acknowledge or snooze the alarm, whatever - it resets automatically to "Colors" and stays that way until I go in to settings and change it back. How do I get the screensaver to change to "Clock" AND STAY THERE...?

16 REPLIES 16
FxBr2022
Student
Options

Same here. It is very annoying.

JPires
Journeyman
Options

Same here!

JPires
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@HeyYouGuyzzz: The Screensaver option (Settings > Display > Screensaver) will only activate when your screen switches off automatically while the phone is charging. I'm not aware of a 'Clock' option, therefore please can you provide a screenshot of your Screensaver settings via the steps above, to give me a better understanding of the issue? 

0 Likes
FxBr2022
Student
Options

Screenshot_20220503-074330_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
HeyYouGuyzzz
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL Here is what those options look like, *PRECISELY* as I described above. Every night I have to change it from Colors to Clock and every morning after I cancel or snooze the alarm or interact with the phone in *ANY* way I have to change it back. It does not matter what the choice is, Samsung broke something that does not let our screensaver settings stay as selected by us, the phone's owners - as evidenced by the people commenting here and in other forums saying they are seeing the exact same thing.

Screenshot_20220503-081758_Settings.jpg

Candi565
Apprentice
Options

I have the Galaxy S21 Ultra and experiencing the same issue as everyone else.  Something has changed...I never had to constantly change my Screensaver settings 3-4 times a day.  It is automatically switching from 'Photo Table' to 'Colors'.  It is changing automatically and it is very, very annoying!!  Please fix this issue(s).

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@HeyYouGuyzzz: I'm still a little confused by the addition of the Clock option, as the screenshot provided by @FxBr2022 shows Chronus Pro instead. Have you downloaded any third party apps or widgets to enable the Clock screensaver? If so, have you tried checking for any available updates for the app/widget to see if this resolves the issue? 

Next time the issue occurs, please send us an Error Report with accompanying System Log Data via the Samsung Members app on your device. To do this, please head to the Members app > Get Help > Error Report > Tap 'OK' to send System Log Data > Select the symptom, and include as much detail as possible. To ensure your logs accurately reflect the issue you're experiencing, we'd like you to submit your report within 5 minutes of encountering the problem. Our engineers will then investigate this and respond to you with a solution via the Members app. 

0 Likes
Candi565
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL ...why do you keep stating that you are confused.  Everyone is telling you the same issue they are having and you keep going around the question.  We are all saying that our Screensaver is changing automatically, whereas we did not have this issue before.  I have had my phone for over a year and never had any issues with the screensaver changing automatically until the last update.  Please take this issue to someone that can analyze what is going on and help your Samsung customers.  We are all saying the same thing and we do not know each other.  Thank you!

AndrewL
Options

@Candi565: My apologies. If you are being affected by the same issue, then please send an Error Report by following the steps in my previous post, so our team of experts can take a closer look at this for you. 

0 Likes