Did you mean: 

Original topic:

screen wake for notifications

(Topic created on: 30-08-2020 12:59 PM)
philsalliss
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Can anyone advise if the note 20 does screen wake up for notifications? I'm sure my s10 plus did but can't seem to get the ultra to do it.

Thanks 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Perhaps check your settings in Settings, Lock Screen, Notifications @philsalliss 

🏳️‍🌈Stay Safe 🏳️‍🌈

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Members_DCgnYhS
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I'm having the same issue. My Note 8 used to handle this without issue. It's annoying hearing the chime for a notification and then having to unlock or even touch my phone to see if the notification is something worth picking up my phone for. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@philsalliss: You may wish to try heading to Settings > Display > Edge Screen > Edge Lighting > On > Lighting Style > Choose your preferred Effect and Colour > Tap 'Advanced' and change the duration to 'Long' > Back > Show Edge Lighting > While Screen Is Off (or choose 'Always'). I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Rimz808
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Anyone find a solution to this? I just got the s20 FE and my notifications are not waking up the screen for me to quickly see the notifications. I have to either double tap to wake the screen to then see the notifications or unlock my phone. 

All settings are set

0 Likes
OrionTO
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Getting the same issue, very simple feature but somehow it is not working on the Samsung.

I get the notification sound and the screen just stays black and does not wake up. Tried various edge display setting and notification settings, issue still exists.

0 Likes
kastke223
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Download Glimpse Notifications and it wakes the screen.

OrionTO
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

This works, thanks! I was hoping this feature would be built-in but this is 2nd best option!

0 Likes