Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen not working on Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G

(Topic created on: 28-06-2021 03:44 PM)
ooyoo
Student
Options

my screen doesn't work at all. My phone still functions but with a black screen. I've tried a hard reset but didn't work. I've made sure it was charged and did the same but it didn't work.

It hasn't been dropped, put in water or anything like that.

Anyone having the same issue?

10 REPLIES 10
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try holding the Volume Up
And Power button same time

And see if it resolves
Your issue
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I had the same issue on my S21 Ultra some three months ago ooyoo. No display but the phone was still working underneath. Sadly my prognosis was not a good one. My battery was defective apparently (despite behaving perfectly pre incident) and had suddenly taken out my display whilst being cable charged. I am with EE and have insurance with them and they picked the phone up via courier service and 8 days later my phone was returned with a new battery and display and touchscreen in place. It now works fine of course but I hope your fault is not so drastic and an easier fix. I wish you the best of luck and I hope your phone is fixed for you as soon as possible. 👍👍
0 Likes
jmnapoli
First Poster
Options

having the exact issue 

0 Likes
Gururajan
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same problem. Service support and support by call cntr are alarmingly worse. For a device in premium pricing range such failures during warranty and poor service support are dreadful combination. It's better buyers think twice b4 eying for a Note 20 Ultra 5G.

Black screen
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my note20ultra. I bought it in South Korea, but currently I am in Turkey. I gave it to svc center 2 month ago. They are still not able to fix it. 

0 Likes
asif5182
First Poster
Options

i have the same issue with note 20 ultra .

i pressed it so hard from all the angles of screen .then it start working .

but its better to sell it rather than this issue comes back again .

its so annoying  

Midiman
Apprentice
Options

Have the same issue. Booked a repair but no parts in stock so are replacing it with A Galaxy S21 Ultra. All very well but trying to get my data backed up but cannot find any tools that will help without putting the phone in Debugging mode which cant be done with a dead screen. Anybody know of any solutions for this?

Mohammed841
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I was whtching YouTube, I paused to talk to my friend and when I looked back, the screen was black. I tried hard reset, charging but nothing happen.

I took it to repair and Samsung said this because of a device misuse. I don't know what to say! It wasn't dropped nor it was wet. Anyhow it has been three months with a lot of fighting and now just had enough. It is what it is. Good service Samsung!!!

Tip: the only thing that can help with your data is to use Samsung Dex. I lock my phone with a password, so I just connected it and connected a keyboard. Then I entered my password blindly then pressed enter. If you use different lock, I don't know how but try Google it. 

0 Likes
Kim62
First Poster
Options

Had this same problem.paid 365 for a new screen. My phone was 2 yrs old. Looks to me like this is a regular problem Samsung needs to take responsibility for.