Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen glitch lines

(Topic created on: 27-08-2022 08:43 PM)
IITRII
Student
Options
Not long ago after an update my note 20 ultra started having constant flashing and glitching problems with the display. 

These are like faint horizontal lines across the display flickering on and off, as well as affecting the always on display. It also seems to affect the brightness of the screen slightly. 

It did stop not too long after, I noticed this after a later update however it has randomly started up again... 

Anyone know the cause or a solution?
6 REPLIES 6
TeaLady
Explorer
Options
Yes! I've been getting the same thing. It's been driving me nuts. I tried to sort out the storage (thought that led to it) but bothing has helped. I've upped the brightness and yeah, it's more noticeable on white backgrounds.

I need some help too!
AndrewL
Options

@IITRII @TeaLady: Are you using a particular app or feature when you encounter the issue, or is it persistent? If you head to Settings > Display > Motion Smoothness, and adjust your current settings, then tap the Back button > Screen resolution, and try another option, do you notice an improvement? 

IITRII
Student
Options
It's persistent in general not when using a certain app. I have already tried adjusting these settings to no avail.

After keeping the screen on for about 2 minutes the screen goes back to normal but then starts glitching again when the screen timeouts.
TeaLady
Explorer
Options
It's weird, it's mainly affecting my white background. I've rebooted the phone.
0 Likes
TeaLady
Explorer
Options
I'm still having issues sadly. 😞
0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

If your screen is still flickering, try adjusting your brightness settings, and disabling the adaptive brightness feature. Corrupted data in the system on your device can sometimes cause the screen to flicker. Clear the cache on your device, then check if the flickering continues

Regards,

Will

0 Likes