Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Burn around the front camera and on the edges of the screen on Samsung Note 20 Ultra.

(Topic created on: 14-07-2022 06:23 AM)
Poiint
First Poster
Options

I am currently facing the issue of screen Burn around the front camera and on the edges of the screen on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra. I'd appreciate any solution I can get. Below is an image of the exact problem I'm facing. There is  a bright discoloration around the front camera and on the edges. Any solution will be appreciated please.  IMG-20220319-WA0019_25218_1647711605.jpg24613_MEX-20171309-MEXICO-AP_1514532323517.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If this is truly screen burn @Poiint then their is nothing really you can do to remedy this via troubleshooting.

The screen wouod need to be assessed by a Samsung Service Centre and they would confirm this if it's so.

I've known displays to be replaced under the Samsung Limited 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty.

If your phone is out of warranty then Samsung may levy a charge for replacing the screen but would inform you of this cost to seek your authorisation before carrying out the work or if you decide not to proceed they'll return the phone untouched.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I've seen many posts on reddit with this issue. Your issue doesn't look to be screen burn, looks more like what they call glue gate. It's worth looking into if it's covered by warranty. It looks the same as other posts I've seen, bright ring around camera, along with a green tint hue.
N4T3
Navigator
Options
I had a note 20 ultra with the same issues I sent it to the support centre who then returned the phone saying nothing was wrong the happend 3 times before they understood the issues I was then offered an s21 ultra which I am still using to this day
0 Likes
122345abc
Apprentice
Options

I happen to face the same issue with my phone (Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM986B/DS)

They say it is not covered by warranty since I have used the phone for over a year and I have to pay RM1100 to get the screen replaced.

Problem is, I noticed it even before my phone reached years old and it only got more noticeable probably because I started using it more frequently at night and it is even more noticeable so.

The fact that many other people face the same exact problem not even that long after using the phone shows how bad the quality control of SAMSUNG phones are, even for their so called FLAGSHIP phones. Sigh! They should definitely launch a program to offer free screen replacement for units affected!

For such an already expensive phone, this is unacceptable. My next phone will NOT be a SAMSUNG.

0 Likes
luimallozzi
First Poster
Options

I am facing this exact issue with the same exact burn-in pattern right now. (Just noticed a day ago)

Any formal acknowledgement by Samsung here? Literally type in Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Burn-in on Google image search and you will see this exact pattern. 

Very sad for a flagship phone. 

122345abc
Apprentice
Options

Exactly!

Samsung, are you listening???

0 Likes
Jeckel
First Poster
Options

I updated my phone to android 13 one ui 5 and noticed this after it. First I thought it was a feature and didn't think too much of it but when I put my phone to charge I noticed the burned part lighting up when the  phone showed charging status. This is comical cause I bought my phone 2020 august so waraanty is void at this point and screen replacement will cost probably 400€ (410 usd) so if this doesn't get worse I will live with this as the phone already cost 1000 and I planned ln using the device for 4-5 yeats so at this point it wouldn't be wise to pay that much. Sucks that this is a flagship model and it's in mint condition and then this happens.

122345abc
Apprentice
Options

Today I noticed additional discoloration on the display but this time on the middle.

Seems like it is only going to get worse. The discoloration on top and bottom and around the camera already appeared in within a year of use.

Didn't think too much of it because it was quite minimal but it just gets worse over time.

SAMSUNG when will you start a screen replacement program because OBVIOUSLY MANY PANELS ARE AFFECTED?...

20221123_210425.jpg

20221123_210403.jpg

20221123_210343.jpg

joelwells
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same shaped burn on mine.