Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Upgrade Programme - Klarna Issues again

(Topic created on: 04-11-2020 06:30 PM)
OllieN
Explorer
Options

Hi there,

Is anyone else having issues signing up to the upgrade programme through Klarna? It initially approved the credit but at the final checkout stage said 'Please try another card' when trying to make the initial upfront payment. We tried 5 different cards but none of them worked. We figured the site must have been experiencing technical issues so left it to try again later.

Since then, it won't even get us to that stage, it just says 'your purchase option isn't approved'. So now it appears there's no way for me to join the upgrade programme. 

(3 members of my family, all of which have very good credit scores with the two reference agencies that Klarna use and have never had credit refused before - also can't get it to work). I called Klarna but to say they were unhelpful would be an understatement.

Hoping that someone from Samsung can step in here and get this sorted. I'd be interested to see how many orders have been lost to Klarna's poor technical implementation. 

EDIT- Just to add, it seems this isn't the first time Klarna has caused problems. Some of the comments on this thread are suspiciously similar to what I've experienced. You'd have hoped it would have been fixed in the 6 months since.... - https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-s20-s20-ultra/s20-upgrade-lounge-issues/td-p/1556960/...

36 REPLIES 36
TomT80s
Explorer
Options

As helpful as your comment is... A lot of us experiencing this issue are long-standing Samsung Upgrade Programme members. Hence we have existing accounts with both Samsung and Klarna. Personally I have a prefect credit score, which I've validated with the reference agencies Klarna themselves have suggested. Saw a post earlier on Samsung Members regarding potential root cause at least for UK customers. Apparently Klarna are using services of a company which is referencing the UK electoral roll open register to save money. Not all UK residents choose to be on the open register, for a good reason.

0 Likes
John7519
Apprentice
Options
Tried to upgrade this morning and got declined, perfect credit score and now I have a hard search on my file for nothing, not impressed. I'll keep my note 10 plus and pay it off then think of a different manufacturer.
TomT80s
Explorer
Options
that's pretty much what I am thinking at this stage.
0 Likes
TomT80s
Explorer
Options
Hey. Spoke with Klarna today finally, after having been dropped twice. To save you some time, I was advised to email their credit team on credit.uk@klarna.com.

Sent email just now, let's see how long it takes for them to respond/resolve.

Will keep posted.

Best,
Tom
TomT80s
Explorer
Options
Got a response from Klarna, as expected:
"Hello,

Thank you for your mail.

As all purchase attempts with Klarna payment programs are processed with our automated system, an exact reason cannot be provided for the denied purchase.
You may want to verify all data communicated matches the same as last time. You can also try to place the order after 72 hours using a different browser like Google Chrome on a different device. Clear the cookies and cache before you begin. If you have a VPN or a firewall this also may affect the outcome.
If these suggestions do not work, we apologize that we cannot do anything more."

Really disappointed with Klarna and Samsung. I'm outa here. Not dealing with either again. Avoiding like plague.
0 Likes
John7519
Apprentice
Options
Yep, I've has similar from klarna, I posted on there Instagram page and they send a message saying they will look at it for me, then gave exactly the same response as you got. I'm doing the same now, wait another year and change to a different manufacturer 😕
0 Likes
Brad777
First Poster
Options

I signed up to the upgrade programme 12 months ago because I wanted to upgrade to the newest handset each year but I went on to the upgrade lounge website and the handset I want is out of stock, however it is not out of stock on their website after many phone calls I was told that upgrade members have an allotted amount of stock and that is different from the website stock so I asked when the upgrade lounge stock would be replenished in which I am still awaiting a reply....moral of the story do not sign upto the Samsung upgrade programme, if you've got a good credit rating but don't have the money to buy the phone outright get a 0% credit card, it will be a lot less hassle and you will save a lot of time trying to deal with Samsung's inferior customer services.

0 Likes
SimonArnott
First Poster
Options
Same issue - currently have s20 ultra through Klarna yet declined upgrade to s21 ultra. My credit rating is A+
Samsung you've just lost another sale
AngelHigh
First Poster
Options

I've had exactly the same problem with trying to order the S21 today. 

No help from Samsung

No help from Klarna.

Now seemingly unable to join the upgrade programme. 

Dannnn
Journeyman
Options

Add me to the list of people being wronged by Samsung and Klarna. I've been on the upgrade programme ever since it started, and I've owned every galaxy device, but sadly that comes to an end this year because Klarna & Samsung don't care about their loyal customers. I got 2 hard searches on my credit file on the same day. Amazing. Will avoid these 2 companies like the plague from now on.

0 Likes