Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Upgrade Programme - Klarna Issues again

(Topic created on: 13-08-2020 10:01 PM)
OllieN
Explorer
Options

Hi there,

Is anyone else having issues signing up to the upgrade programme through Klarna? It initially approved the credit but at the final checkout stage said 'Please try another card' when trying to make the initial upfront payment. We tried 5 different cards but none of them worked. We figured the site must have been experiencing technical issues so left it to try again later.

Since then, it won't even get us to that stage, it just says 'your purchase option isn't approved'. So now it appears there's no way for me to join the upgrade programme. 

(3 members of my family, all of which have very good credit scores with the two reference agencies that Klarna use and have never had credit refused before - also can't get it to work). I called Klarna but to say they were unhelpful would be an understatement.

Hoping that someone from Samsung can step in here and get this sorted. I'd be interested to see how many orders have been lost to Klarna's poor technical implementation. 

EDIT- Just to add, it seems this isn't the first time Klarna has caused problems. Some of the comments on this thread are suspiciously similar to what I've experienced. You'd have hoped it would have been fixed in the 6 months since.... - https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-s20-s20-ultra/s20-upgrade-lounge-issues/td-p/1556960/...

36 REPLIES 36
Blythy123
First Poster
Options
I had the same problem
OllieN
Explorer
Options

Sorry to hear that man, although glad it's not just me that's having this issue!

0 Likes
chelseaboy1972
Student
Options

I had the exact same problem on Sunday.

I gave up with the phone in the end and decided just to get the Buds Live on credit card, guess what??

Declined.

Unbelievable how nobody from Samsung can help. 

0 Likes
OllieN
Explorer
Options

Oh really, it didn't work with a manual card payment either? 😮

I've raised it with Samsung but they don't seem to be particularly bothered about the fact they're potentially loosing ££££'s worth of orders and hugely irritating their customers in the process with this Klarna issue. 

0 Likes
RobCeuppens
Apprentice
Options

I had the same issue. I got my upgrade email and excitedly went through the process only to get the message saying it had failed and try another card.  I couldn't even find the option for another card. I even had an email from Klarna saying the direct debit has been set up but am unable to get past this bit.  My credit is good and there is no reason to fail.  It looks like Samsung are going to lose a lot of sales because of Klarna.  Oh well, I'll just keep the Note 10 and probably change away from Samsung next time.

OllieN
Explorer
Options

That's crazy, so you're already on the upgrade programme and just trying to get the new device and it won't let you? Absolute madness. 

Sort of makes me worry that if I had actually been able to sign up, would Klarna play up next year and it would have all been for nothing and I'd be stuck with the Note 20 Ultra for two years. 

Samsung really need to keep a closer eye on how their partners are performing. It's leaving a sour taste in the mouth for all involved. 

jmall99
Explorer
Options

Does anyone know whether these issues are still occurring looking at signing up?

0 Likes
OllieN
Explorer
Options

Yep, still not working for me. Despite following all the troubleshooting steps given by Klarna. 

The whole thing is just completely useless.

0 Likes
jmall99
Explorer
Options

Ordered mine yesterday, no issues at all, hopefully you get yours sorted

0 Likes