Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung upgrade program declined by klarna

(Topic created on: 12-08-2021 10:05 AM)
garcea
Pioneer
Options
Hello so i am trying to upgrade note 20 ultra to fold 3,even if im not happy they discontinued note 21.As soon as i get to payment klarna declining the transaction even after having account with them,never missed payments and credit score 980+.
I contacted klarna and samsung and none of them know whats wrong and why this happens.
Anyone has this problem? seems like im stuck now

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30
SwaddleP
First Poster
Options
Similar problems a year or so ago. Samsung blame Klarna and vis versa. Try reporting on the website technical issues, or a different browser.
0 Likes
garcea
Pioneer
Options
done that and still same for now
0 Likes
whitsy
Explorer
Options

Same issue for me. I contacted klarna who said it wasn't due to credit, rather their search on my credit file couldn't verify me. I've looked at the hard search, the details match the search by klarna from last year exactly. They said it's an automated system and they can't change the decision.

Tried chrome, edge, firefox, signed into samsung, signed out, different email address, different device, different network, nothing works and nobody either samsung side or klarna side is interesed.

0 Likes
garcea
Pioneer
Options
exactly same.tried all different browsers,email address and so on.i will probably call samsung and tell them to take note 20 ultra back if they can't offer note 21 like they were supossed to
0 Likes
whitsy
Explorer
Options

Good luck! My feeling is they will tell you 'you signed a contract, keep paying us' 😞

0 Likes
garcea
Pioneer
Options
yes i know but they can't offer same phone and fold is way more expensive so i will see what they say after 24-48h investigation.if not i am thinking to sell it and just pay off and never buy like this again..luckily i have a fold 2 so i am keeping this one
0 Likes
ad4m_b
Journeyman
Options

Im looking at old topics from january when this happened and it looks like it never got resolved... ive been upgrading with samsung for the last 4 years and now i cant? Is this it then? i have to stop upgrading....

0 Likes
garcea
Pioneer
Options
smasung will look into it but they had no idea this is an issue which make me believe they don't care so they lost me as a client from now on..
0 Likes
ShadowTriad
Journeyman
Options

Hey there, I had this exact same problem last year when I was trying to go from my Note 10 + to Note 20 Ultra, despite having a really good credit score too. I wouldn't bother trying to contact either Samsung or Klarna again as like someone mentioned before they simply blame the other. I was close to giving up as my upgrade window was closing, until I found a random thread saying that it might actually be a browser issue. I was sceptical but was willing to try anything at that point. For whatever reason,  I tried to going through the upgrade process on the Samsung Internet app on my phone rather than on a desktop with Google Chrome/Microsoft Edge and by some kind of miracle it actually ended up working for me.

So yeah, maybe try using the Samsung Internet app on your phone to do the process - and let me know if this actually ends up working, I'm curious whether I just got lucky that day or it actually is a browser issue...

If it does fail, do NOT continuously try to get the upgrade programme to work. Klarna end up doing a hard check on you every single time you try - and it WILL effect your credit score.

Good luck!