Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Support is terrible!

(Topic created on: 24-07-2022 02:56 AM)
PhoenixDarkDirk
Student
Options
I've been waiting for them to fix a restart issue in my Note20 Ultra and they haven't! It's been almost a month and 5 error logs sent! What can I do? How can I escalate?
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @PhoenixDarkDirk 

Having your phone restart must be super annoying 😒 

What troubleshooting have you tried please ?

i.e 

Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

Factory Reset after backing up.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

PhoenixDarkDirk
Student
Options
My phone keeps restarting unprompted in the middle of the night. This has been going on for a few weeks and I have raised a few error reports (with logs) to Samsung Support and until now they haven't helped.
CGriff36
Pathfinder
Options
It could well be a software bug. I would optimise your phone, run a security scan in the meantime, and update to the latest software/firmware when available.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Under Battery > device care click the 3 dots on top right and go automation and make sure auto restart at set time is off.

Screenshot_20220724-145107_Device care.jpg
Regnarts
Pathfinder
Options
Yes. Just like @GoanGeek pointed out, there is a setting for the auto restart function under "Battery and Device Care".

I have mine set to auto restart.
It helps to keep apps refreshed and pretty much eliminates the need to manually restart due to malfunctioning apps.