Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung. PLEASE ROUND THE EDGES!!!!

(Topic created on: 19-09-2022 08:33 PM)
StormVeil138
Apprentice
Options

I desperately want to get rid of my Note 20 ultra 5g phone for 2 reasons:

1. Its way too big and doesn't fit very easily in most woman's handbags or pockets

2. The corners are so pointy it's causing hand pain. 

I would still be using my Note 5 to this day if it didn't go completely obsolete on me. I used that phone until i could no longer make/receive phone calls and the phone basically bricked itself.   At the time of my forced upgrade the only option was the Note20 ultra and since it's my only phone and i do alot of work off my phone i will always opt for top model phones since i like to hold on to my phones well past their expected lives.  

Everything out there is built around the size of iPhones and it's beyond frustrating as i have no desire to own apple products at all. But if my phone is always going to be the reason of inconvenience then why bother staying loyal to Samsung?     I need the s-Pen and i need the s-Pen to have a internal storage location.  I've yet to find another phone that has this. When that day comes and Samsung is still holding steady on such sharp corners then off i go.

6 REPLIES 6
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I agree with you on the sharp corners. They look horrible and feel horrible. It's the only reason I didn't go for the S22 Ultra.
I use the A53 5G and I think it's the perfect design for me. Even the plastic back doesn't bother me. The main thing is they've got the corners spot on. I do also prefer the flat display now.
StormVeil138
Apprentice
Options

If it just had a s pen slot it would be perfect. There's no way im gong to deal with unattached accessories on a regular basis .. i can barely keep on top of where my Samsung buds are!

keith30
Maestro
Options
It will be know good if your planning getting the S23 as that has square corners too, I think the round corners is in the past the way Samsung is going in the future models.
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I really don't know why Samsung think pointed corners are the way. I've still got the Note 9 and think that is a great phone, with rounded corners. Plus the S Pen has it's slot. So I really get where StormVeil138 is coming from on this. I stood on my S Pen from the back of myTab S7+ the other night. Thankfully it was on carpet so no damage!
StormVeil138
Apprentice
Options

Thats a shame.  Yet the Fold series have rounded corners but there's no way im ever buying a phone with a bendable screen. Screens are always the most fragile thing on a phone and giving it bending ability doesn't exactly scream "QUALITY!" to me.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
S21 ultra has rounded corners and can use the spen although not full functionality as no Bluetooth.
0 Likes