Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung opening apps on its own

(Topic created on: 14-09-2021 05:27 PM)
Rudric
Apprentice
Options

I close everything and a minute later, while in my pocket, my phone initiates calls, takes screenshots, opens apps, and worst, opens and changes Settings. 

• Smart Lock is not enabled not any other smart or automated features. The phone is not unlocked automatically or in a trusted place or anything similar.

When I need to use the phone myself it's always difficult to open it - always asking for password / pattern etc. But in my pocket it has no problems opening by itself.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Arejaz
Student
Options
I have similar issues. I cant help, but i will add that settings change them self for no reason while phone just laying on the table. Once i just picked up a phone and i see fast charging option is off, eye comfort became on, keyboard settings changed. I dont have many 3rd party apps, just like codm and whatsapp and tesco and bank apps. Nothing else. And same issues with my friends who have same model galaxy s20fe 5g
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Sounds haunted, joke
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As a starting point please try the following @Rudric  @Arejaz 

1. Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

2. Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Rudric
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks for your reply. I did a hard reset and deleted all 3rd party apps already. There was only one in fact. Still no luck so apps are not to blame. 

I cleaned the cache and I'll let everyone know how that works.

Rudric
Apprentice
Options

UPDATE. Cleaning cache didn't work. It continues opening apps, opening websites, calling people by itself, even trying to send emails.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I would now think a factory reset after backing up is the next step.

Don't use your back up however when resetting the phone back up just incase it's something in that which is causing these conflicts to occur.

If they do occur even when setting up the phone as a New phone then I think you may need a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre to take a look @Rudric 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Arejaz
Student
Options
I reset my phone and problems presist
0 Likes