Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung one U.i 4.0 - Sharpen filter removed from Gallery.

(Topic created on: 06-02-2022 09:32 PM)
jackeb
Pioneer
Options
In samsung 4.0, the sharpen filter has been removed from gallery. Please bring this filter back. It is such an important filter that I used a lot and I don't understand why it is now missing from the filters list. Updates should add more functionality, not remove essential tools. Thanks
19 REPLIES 19
kirana123
First Poster
Options

right, I also experienced the same thing as you guys

0 Likes
rak3350
First Poster
Options

Yes, gone from my S10 also, and I used it OFTEN!

SAMSUNG - please bring it back!!

Pinkrosessheila
Student
Options

Amen and amen!  I also relied heavily on the sharpen filter on my S9+, and miss it on my S22. Please bring it back. I want to use it separately from other editing features, not part of a total auto-fix.

S21_Ultra_User
Student
Options

I gripped to Samsung about this for almost a year now after it disappeared from my S21U. HOWEVER, I've found a far better alternative option. Download Snapseed and use it for the detail settings. It provides FAR BETTER results than the previous default sharpening filter that disappeared. I'm actually glad I found this better option. Hope that helps! 

Pinkrosessheila
Student
Options

Thanks for the recommendation. 

0 Likes
Eddy_UK
Apprentice
Options

Samsung has removed key functionality for no apparent reason? There are so many dumbass filters that are no use to me the one I relied on to sharpen the photos produced by my Samsung Note20 Ultra (they are often soft).

Solution if Samsung doesn't bring it back is to stop using Samsung editor and swap over to 3rd party apps.

Lisssa
Apprentice
Options

Samsung please 🥺 HELP us and GIVE back the function!

We need it so much!!! It's so useful!!! 🤍

@samsung #samsung @helpteam @Support #supportteam #support @suportteam #helpteam

Eddy_UK
Apprentice
Options
I can confirm as if by magic 😎 the sharpness filter has returned, see screenshot. It's on the same area as brightness etc not in the filters.... thanks to whoever is responsible for the fix! 🥳🥂Screenshot_20220708-235703_Photo Editor_65178_1657317423.jpg
Lisssa
Apprentice
Options

Don't have yet but will be waiting! Thanks for the news 👍

jackeb
Pioneer
Options
Hallelujah at last