Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Note20 ultra close up photos are blurred

(Topic created on: 01/09/20 06:44)
jonathankamil
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Did anyone tried to take picture of small items such as multiple jewelries? image quality is extremely poor compare to previous samsung note versions. it focuses only on 1 image and the rest are blurred. i did also some calibrations and  tried other camera features but still the images captured are blurred. kinda disappointed with my new phone. 😞

32 REPLIES 32
ElleSeidel
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I have the same problem. Bought the s20 ultra with the big camera hype only to find close up images just no good. Hoped the note 20 ultra would have this corrected but tried one in my local store yesterday and although it is an improvement on the s20 ultra its still not really that great. The lens focus on one spot on the image and everything else blurred. Also dissatisfied. 

davehorne
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I've written about this in several places. 

My first photos from the Note 20 Ultra were not that sharp though the reason was not the camera, per se, but the settings 

My initial photos, to include closeups, were typically 20+ MB is size. 

The camera for some reason was set on a Pro mode which is great if you're using a tripod.  If you're not using a tripod, the longer exposures will be blurry. 

If you experience a noticeable delay from the time you press the white circle till the time you hear the 'shutter' click, you're probably on the Pro setting. 

Perform a Reset of the camera settings and your camera should show 3:4 mode.

Try that and see if you have better photos.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

What you are seeing is expectable from relatively big sensor, better natural bokeh at the expense of a much smaller focusing area, in closeups you will never have all the sensor in focus.

It has nothing to do with pro mode which is not the default and you can just select other modes without clearing camera data

1rfan
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Close up photo taken by my Note 9 is much sharper than Note 20 Ultra, it is very disappointed. 

All settings, lighting, and zoom levels have been tried, the result is the same.

Matjaz
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

The same problem with my note20 ultra. Close up photos of jewelries are blurry: . On s9 they are much better. I get better results when i take photos from 50 cm distance and 2x zoom. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

This is due to the sensor size. The bigger the sensor and the smaller the lense since we are on a smarphone, the narrower the focus window and bigger the bokeh area, that is what you are experiencing

0 Likes
Huck
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I switched from the iPhone 11 Pro Max to the Note 20 Ultra. As an inspector I take a lot of pictures and videos to attach to my reports. I have noticed blur in my pictures and shaking in my videos. I am not happy with the outcome using this camera. I switched hoping the Note would help me in my job using the S pen and Microsoft apps. If it doesn't get better I guess I'll have to go back to the iPhone. (which I don't want to do at this point)

Action pictures are always blurred as well.......

I've messed with settings as well as the Pro mode but nothing seems to change........

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

For the videos i would suggest you to turn shoot them at 1080p 30fps and from the camera settings enables video stabilisation, this 2 things will give you the best stabilised video possible.

As for the blur in the picture click on the subject you want in focus, however as i said before the closer you are the narrower the focus window

Huck
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Thank you Archer. I will try that...... I pray it works because I am really liking the phone and so far it is working out great for my job!

0 Likes