Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 20 Ultra - "non 5G, Dual SIM" vs. "5G" version > having 5G on both versions?

(Topic created on: 17-10-2021 09:01 PM)
note-lisa
Explorer
Options

i remember when i bought my samsung note 20 ultra 256 gb, there was the option for a) dual sim non-5g or b) 5g (single sim).
i bought the dual sim. so no 5g. however, i do see the 5g logo on the top. both 5g icons a) real 5g and b) LTE network connected in LTE network that includes the 5G network. depending on where i am.
how can that be that my non-5g dual sim version seems to have and work with 5g?
in addition, when looking today on the samsung homepage, there is no non.5g dual sim version anymore to be find. there is just 1 version: 5g WITH dual sim.
how can that be that my samsung works with the 5g?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Look in the settings it should tell you what model your device isScreenshot_20211017-215242_Settings_63590.jpg
0 Likes
note-lisa
Explorer
Options

sorry, i should have add: SM-N986B/DS. But I know that this is actually the "non-5g, dual sim" edition!!!

0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
The SM-N986B/DS is the 5G duel SIM version it's the same model I have and mine is the 5G version
0 Likes
note-lisa
Explorer
Options

thank you. this might be the solution. however, the communication was very confusing than. 2 different packages: 1x without 5G written on it, the other with 5G. And prominently writing on the page: non 5g = dual sim - 5G = single sim only!

now... maybe due to updates etc?!... it i do have the 5g model with dual sim. something that definitely did not exist at the very moment i bought it right after the release.

0 Likes