Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung note 20 ultra display issue.

(Topic created on: 19-09-2020 08:41 AM)
Evanlowe99
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I've noticed the display on my note 20 ultra is significantly dimmer than my Samsung note 9 and the whites look grayish.  What should I do? This is very disappointing.

12 REPLIES 12
Meh90
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
have you set it vivid? I using these settings and it's improved. I have to keep drag brightness from high to low to high again a few times. each reset makes it dim again but once I use the phone it magically goes bright again.
Drake1
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
These are the settings I have gone with.
make sure you report this to Samsung in the members app..
I and others have.
it is only the note 20 ultra that has this. not the note 20!

Samsung have told me they are aware of this, and the developers are looking into it. check my other posts.
However we need to get as many reports in to try make sure they actually fix it.
Drake1
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Also as above that can help brightness, but not the washed out effect of app icons being less vivid and the grey/black/white levels.

Check this thread and videos

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-20-ultra/how-to/note-20-ultra-vivid-bright-note-20-t414...
steveo2020
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
pull down the tool bar and look at what battery setting its set as you want performance mode sorted it for me
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi,

I've read that disabling the apply dark mode to wallpaper in dark mode settings helps with the washed out look.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

roryh86
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

When you reset the device or turn on the device for the first time out of the box, the display doesn't reach proper full brightness when you put it on max brightness. I know this because I have the Exynos version and recently when I got my Snapdragon, it was dimmer even with both on full brightness.

I think this is because when you first use it, the AI algorithm for controlling brightness still hasn't learnt the proper brightness levels (only my theory).

What I did to fix it, was I turned on adaptive brightness and set the brightness bar to maximum, then I put the phone under a bright spotlight for a few seconds then took it away. Then repeated this like 3 times. After that, when I set both phones to maximum brightness they were exactly the same.

I think when you put it under a bright light (or sunlight) it fixes the issues by calibrating the brightness higher.

Let me know if it works for you.

0 Likes
Virs
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

HOw to report this.. the colors look horribly washed out compared to my S20

Bharwah
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
fix it in what sense ?? software update ?? because I have a s9+ just upgraded to note 20 ultra and boy I noticed it straight away bloody terrible compared to the s9+ , the s9+ look way better vibrant and more details .
AALLRUIZOV
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Its realmente works to you? Here The graysly comes back when set brightness low like 15%

0 Likes