Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Knox

(Topic created on: 18-07-2022 02:41 PM)
ItzZia
Navigator
Options
This topic is all about Samsung security patch Knox. Mini Samsung phones have a security patch which protect the phone from any suspicious activities with passwords fingerprints credit card or debit card information etc but does it protect everything else including social media? But there was an app which I installed on my phone but I wasn't sure if it's necessary to use the app. The actor called phone Guardian which I think most people have heard it on social media but I'm not sure if it's necessary to use it because it has a VPN which protect the mobile phone. Should I keep phone Guardian app or should I delete it because Samsung already have a security patch which is Samsung Knox?

Thank you!
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Where did you get Phone Guardian from? That's more important than anything. Personally I have McAfee Mobile Security with VPN installed as part of a 5 device 1 year total security license I picked up from Amazon for £11 earlier this year.
0 Likes
ItzZia
Navigator
Options
It's from the play store
0 Likes
ItzZia
Navigator
Options
I seen it on tiktok and thought i'd give this app a go but i wasn't if i need the app cuz my phone is protected with Samsung Knox
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Knox doesn't protect against everything but neither does Phone Guardian or McAfee. The latter do supplement Knox though. Common sense is your most powerful defense in any case. Be careful what sites you frequent, don't download or open unsolicited attachments via social media, email, MMS. They are all common attack vectors, so even if you get a message from someone you know with something you aren't expecting be wary of it. A VPN is only useful for public unsecured WiFi, running it at home isn't necessary and just wastes battery. Disable automatic download of MMS messages in the messaging app.
0 Likes