Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Internet won't download videos, only show "open with"

(Topic created on: 06-12-2022 06:09 AM)
Aestivals
First Poster
Options
I am using the Note20 Ultra and I've always had a Samsung device so this issue is very strange as it doesn't occur on any of my other devices.

When I try to download a .mp4 file using the Samsung Internet browser, it doesn't give me the option to download as it normally would. Instead it only provides me with the "open with" option. And if I open it using anyone of those apps, then it just plays the file, it doesn't save it.

However, it seems to give me the option to download files (as normal) when it comes to .flv files but with .mp4, .3gps or .mkv files it goes straight to "open with" with no option to download.

I have reset all default application preferences and factory reset my phone just to rule it out and it didn't make a difference.

I tried it in Chrome and no issues, it'll download .mp4 files. The issue for me is, therefore, the Samsung Internet app. Why is it only giving me "open with" options when it comes to .mp4 files? I don't want to change to chrome or use a separate download manager app as I'm accustomed to Samsung's browser. Can anyone help?
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you think of any updates or changes that have recently happened on your phone as this may have affected the app.

Check all permissions , settings and any privacy settings to see if any stand out as possibly affecting how the app works.

Can you go into your Samsung Internet App via Settings, Apps,  Samsung Internet, Storage and clear the data and cache to see if that helps @Aestivals 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Aestivals
First Poster
Options
Thanks for your reply @BandOfBrothers. This is a new phone I got last month and this issue has always been present. I did what you suggested, clear the browser's cache and data and it didn't make a difference.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Is it possible the files your trying to download are copyright protected  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Aestivals
First Poster
Options
No they're not, I tried downloading sample videos and "free to use" videos and the same thing happens.Screenshot_20221206-061040_Android System.jpg
0 Likes