Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy smartphones!!!

(Topic created on: 20-07-2021 11:26 AM)
Mattthelegend2020
Navigator
Options
Would love to see Samsung produce the same specifications as the Nikon camera and please check out the link.  Would love to moon shots like this and overall quality.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-VQA100EA-COOLPIX-P950/dp/B0837HB52G

7 REPLIES 7
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
Yes but what software is it running on iOS or Android hahaha and moon shot using the S21 ultra 5G is not on the level of that Nikon camera farpoint but it's the best mobile phone available for taking a moon shot go and watch that clip and see what the experts think of the camera module on the S21 Ultra https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/hfL74lR5L1LR
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Maybe use something like GSMArena.com or the Phone Check and Test app from the Play Store to check specs 😀
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If my tip helped, please click the three dots on my comment and select accept solution. Thanks! 😎
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Your phone is just that - a phone, with a camera as a "gimmick". A Nikon (or any standalone camera) is designed purely to produce photographic images. There are certain limitations to what a smartphone camera can do, due to the limited optics, and uses digital jiggery-pokery to produce best results, for example, shooting sharp images of the moon. A Nikon, with a 500mm telephoto lens should always (in theory, at least) produce a much "cleaner" image to that of a smartphone that has used "10x digital zoom", for example.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I always knew from the day I got my first Samsung phone (S3) that Samsung would one day produce a phone that could take creditable moon shots and be able to zoom in to see people on mountain summit shots. For me the S21 Ultra is a hardware masterpiece in the way it can do this and so much more. As far as taking moon pictures on a par with a quality Nikon camera, well I think such detail and resolution may be approached by Samsung phone cameras in as little as 5 years but for me the way my S21 performs now meets all my needs and I love using it as often as I can. We are all lucky to be living in this era of incredible digital technology levels and things will only improve here on in. 👍👍
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Do not think I would call the S21 Ultra Camera a "gimmick", thought take the point. For me the camera is never the biggest selling point in a Smart Phone. Whilst the camera will be fine and impressive enough for a number of customers obvious will not be able to match the best stand alone cameras.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Hey Nikon, why can't you produce a camera with all the functionality of a flagship Android phone built in?