Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Green Tint & Battery Issue!

(Topic created on: 13-09-2021 09:10 AM)
DiscussLewis
Student
Options

My 13 month Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G has developed a green tint that constantly comes and goes, along with the handset battery getting very hot from possible overclocking when using the handset for basic needs. The phone will power up with a green tint and then will return to normal display colours, once my phone sleeps the green will return permanently until phone is rebooted. I started with a soft reboot as advised by Samsung chat advisor, however this did not fix the issue. Secondly I was than told to do a full factory reset and wipe all my current data from the handset. Again, this did not fix the issue. - This was a £1200 device 13 month's ago, and it's very unfortunate it's developed a fault so soon. Sadly, I will not be purchasing Samsung products again. - I'm now dealing with WeFix who have advised me that screen replacements cost £299.00 I believe this is very harsh considering that there is no physical damage to the screen or any other area of the device. This clearly seems to be a issue with the internal components or software.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Wouldn't this issue be described as a fault meaning it is covered under Samsung manufacturer warranty? You purchased the phone brand new from a reputable retailer or from Samsung direct?

I'm not familiar with WeFix, are they a authorised repair centre for Samsung?
DiscussLewis
Student
Options

Morning, yes this phone was purchased from 'Very' in the UK at launch last August and WeFix are Samsung's approved repair technicians here in the UK. It was Samsung that directly arranged WeFix to visit my property for a doorstep repair. But I'm been asked to prove that this issue has not been caused by myself, I'm not sure how I'm able to do that considering the phone is in pristine condition with no cracks, scratches, drops or liquid damage. So surely this is the proof that I have not physically damaged the handset for this issue to occur.

Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Very strange. I feel your pain forking out such a huge sum for a flagship device. They should offer a detailed and technical explanation of how this is classed as damaged as opposed to fault. I rarely say this but I would recommend some sort of escalation. I can see 'Very' passing the puck to Samsung but it might be still worth contacting them... just to see if there are any options from their side but I wouldn't go in optimistic.

I don't really want to say this as I don't feel you should have to go down this route but you can see if any insurance is attached to the device via house n contents or bank insurance, this probably would be the last option to go down but I would guess the excess charge would be cheaper than the repair quote offered to you and you may get a new device or cash value from it. I am just trying to find the best options to you but if this was me I would see if anything else can be done, I am not a technician or a engineer (can see them maybe rolling their eyes at my comment) but your description just sounds fault related. I hope you get it sorted though.
0 Likes
brettz
Navigator
Options
I thought samsungs warranty was 24 months
0 Likes
AM4N
Voyager
Options
I've also encountered the same issue, the green tint won't go until I've restarted the phone. However sometimes it could be a week or 2 and the phone is fine and then suddenly its back. Also I've noticed when in the dark the phones screen (left side) flashes before the AOD turns on
Samajmitra
First Poster
Options
I have little screen broken n green screen issue so what I do
I buy from Samsung expirnce store Oxford Street
But they don't repair
What I can do its new phone s20 ultra
17 months old
0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @Samajmitra, sorry to hear about your phone screen. It does sound like an inspection will be required to determine what actions to take to get this sorted. You can arrange this with any one of our Approved Support Centres. You can find the closest here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

0 Likes