Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5g N9860

(Topic created on: 18-07-2021 07:13 PM)
alsavip
Journeyman
Options

I bought a Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G snapdragon n9860 version  hong kong but 5G does not working in France on 3.5 band and I don't know why I tried to reset network settings and also created a new one access point but all that does not work and my operator supports 5g I did a search on the internet and found that there was a problem on Android 10 that the 5g does not work and that was on Android 10 but now with Android 11 has the same problem

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
StephK1
Options

Hey @alsavip! Was the region lock removed from your phone? If not, this can cause issues using Network features outside of the region the phone was made for. 🙂

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You need to take car that bands are supported, it's nothing to do with the OS but with the modem. You will not get 5G in France on a device from HK. See Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G Dual-SIM SM-N9860 (Unlocked, SD865+, 512GB, Mystic Black) - EXPANSYS ...

alsavip
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for your reply, how can I remove the region lock please 

0 Likes
alsavip
Journeyman
Options

so are there any solutions to activate 5g in France please? 

0 Likes
alsavip
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for your reply, how can I remove the region lock please 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There aren't any as this is a hardware issue.
alsavip
Journeyman
Options

even if I change the modem?because in France the 5g band is 3.5 and this phone is already compatible with the 3.5 band 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
3.5 is part of the spectrum in which mobiles operate. The bands are different to this and unless the device is capable of supporting a carrier's bands it won't work. As the device is designed to work in HK there's always the risk of compatibility issues.
0 Likes
kradcliffe
Voyager
Options

There's a hidden command to "whitelist" 5g bands that are blocked on HK models. Google for it.

I did that and 5g works perfectly in the UK on Vodafone and EE