Did you mean: 

Original topic:

samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5g N9860

(Topic created on: 18-07-2021 08:13 PM)
alsavip
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I bought a Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G snapdragon n9860 version  hong kong but 5G does not working in France on 3.5 band and I don't know why I tried to reset network settings and also created a new one access point but all that does not work and my operator supports 5g I did a search on the internet and found that there was a problem on Android 10 that the 5g does not work and that was on Android 10 but now with Android 11 has the same problem

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
StephK1
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hey @alsavip! Was the region lock removed from your phone? If not, this can cause issues using Network features outside of the region the phone was made for. 🙂

Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

You need to take car that bands are supported, it's nothing to do with the OS but with the modem. You will not get 5G in France on a device from HK. See Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G Dual-SIM SM-N9860 (Unlocked, SD865+, 512GB, Mystic Black) - EXPANSYS ...

alsavip
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Thank you for your reply, how can I remove the region lock please 

0 Likes
alsavip
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

so are there any solutions to activate 5g in France please? 

0 Likes
alsavip
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Thank you for your reply, how can I remove the region lock please 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
There aren't any as this is a hardware issue.
alsavip
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

even if I change the modem?because in France the 5g band is 3.5 and this phone is already compatible with the 3.5 band 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
3.5 is part of the spectrum in which mobiles operate. The bands are different to this and unless the device is capable of supporting a carrier's bands it won't work. As the device is designed to work in HK there's always the risk of compatibility issues.
0 Likes
kradcliffe
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

There's a hidden command to "whitelist" 5g bands that are blocked on HK models. Google for it.

I did that and 5g works perfectly in the UK on Vodafone and EE