Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung April 6 patch

(Topic created on: 03-05-2021 06:37 PM)
Prinshawn
First Poster
Options

Hello,

After the last patch installed some apps have been crashing and I can no longer see attachments in Gmail. Not sure how to revert to the last patch but can someone please look at this issue.

Build Number : G985FXXS6DUBA
Android version : R(Android 11)
Release Date : 2021-03-31
Security patch level : 2021-03-01

Thanks,
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Try clearing the cache of the apps that are not working as they should via Settings, Apps, Choose the App and then tap on storage.

If that does not help then look at clearing your system cache files.

Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

Make sure your apps are all updated and double check the preferences settings of those apps.

A last resort would be to back up and factory.

Remove any relevant sd card before a factory reset. 

Your phone won't allow you to revert back to your previous software version via it's native settings unfortunately @Prinshawn 

However there are ways as detailed in Sammobile and xdadevelopers.com 

Disclaimer 》
Using a Custom Rom / trying to use other methods to rollback firmware can bring about an unstable phone or it may not work properly if the process glitches or the wrong Rom is used. It may stop Samsung Pay from working if the procedure trips your Knox Counter.A person takes full responsibility if they perform this process and do so at their own informed decision. Again the process may trip Knox and may affect the Samsung Warranty. Samsung could levy a charge to put this right or deny support.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes