Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad goodbye to Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 30-08-2021 07:10 PM)
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well this weekend was a bit of a sad goodbye to my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. 

I got it as an upgrade from my Note 10 Plus. I get the new model every year.

I have been a fan of the Note series phones for many years.
The features and S Pen have been so handy to have.
Sadly the Note 20 Ultra very shortly after getting it, the screen got damaged. 
No idea how it happened as it was in my pocket.
Victus glass didn't work for me so far sadly. 

Just pulled the phone out of my pocket and saw that.

Well as you imagine that it was an expensive repair from a Samsung approved agent. 

I wasn't sure about getting the white colour, but in the end I was happy with it. 

Thought it was a great looking phone. 
One surprise for me was the cameras. Loved the shallow depth of field the cameras produced. Even made good use of the zoom camera. 

Standard shot

Full zoom

Really good feature to have.

So it is making way for the Galaxy Z Fold 3. One of the things that swayed me to get it was the S Pen functionality. 
Being able to split screen multitask with the Pen has been brilliant, but with the Z Fold 3 screen being so much larger. It should make life easier. 
The larger S Pen will definitely help with photo and video editing. 

Really hope there will be another Note phone at some point. 
Still have my Galaxy Note Fan Edition, so I will still have one around. 

Galaxy Note Fan Edition

I will say that one of the main features I will miss badly is being able to quickly jot down notes without unlocking the phone.

So it's bye bye Note 20 Ultra 
Hello Z Fold 3

13 REPLIES 13
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
Such a nice tribute to the Note 20 Ultra 👍🏻
I have the Mystic Bronze version, I really wanted a matt finish on the back and this was the only one.

I'm in the same situation, I've always had the Note every year for many many years but not this time.
However technologically advanced and "cool" the Flips and Folds are, I am still holding on to my Note 20 Ultra.

It's sad that Samsung decided to skip the Note series this year, but there's nothing much we can do about it. We can only hope they will continue it next year.

Most Note users will go for the Fold from what I've seen.

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Glenntech  Nice and impressive pictures from the Note 20 Ultra  :smiling-face:   Know the display and larger S Pen will have advantages but possibly some things lacking.   Be good if you could let us know at a later date how you are finding the Fold 3 as does take a bit of time to thoroughly analyse a new device.    Whilst a lot of Note users may be going for the Fold some experts and customers do not regard it as a  true replacement. 

See this article https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-z-fold-3-review 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah I will do a bit of a follow up.
The Fold 3 really isn't a replacement for the Note. The Note has more of a convenience to it.
Partly as you can't use the S Pen on the front display.
Other little things as well.
But it takes time to re-adjust to something new. So who knows
kradcliffe
Voyager
Options

Poor cameras, poor battery and the screen crease really put me off. N20U Snapdragon is brilliant and I would see the fold as a downgrade.

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Cameras are nice on mine. They take great photos, just don't have the zoom camera.
Under display camera is perfectly serviceable for something like a zoom call.
Battery is brilliant for me. Yesterday I got 6 Hrs screen on time, almost 2 days, and I don't use any battery saving options and screen on adaptive.
Screen crease is subjective, and personally I don't really get bothered by it.
I see some are saying that battery life is poor, but it's not my experience or anyone else's that I have spoken with.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I agree @Glenntech the Note 20 Ultra 5G is truly an impressive device as in it's features and functions, and it's aesthetics.

I purchased the Snapdragon soc version and I've been impressed since owning it.

I've been looking at the Samsung Z Fold³ too but have yet to make my mind up whether I want it as a secondary phone.

I love it's form factor 👌

I wouldn't relinquish my Note as it's my daily driver.

How is the weight of the phone in the hand ? I ask as I would be using it for YouTube videos etc along with other media and Internet use, so am interested if one would suffer from wrist fatigue by holding the phone.

And how about that internal beautiful screen !

Does it feel like glass ?

The only aspect of the inner screen is the possibility of marking it with one's fingernail.

I look forward to your updates  👍

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Mattthelegend2020
Navigator
Options
Is your Note 20 Ultra exynos or snapdragon?
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Mine was the Exynos one
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

How are you getting on with your Samsung Z Fold³ @Glenntech may I ask ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes