Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S Pen

(Topic created on: 14-04-2022 08:40 AM)
Jab7865
Explorer
Options
The S Pen seems like it needs new features, its been a while since somethings come out for it. 
Maybe in future have 1 or 2 extra buttons on it with an IR blaster in the pen? Can be used as a remote or something similar for smartthings?

Maybe next Samsung device with S Pen can have a motion sensor on it that'll work with Samsung health? 

I know these aren't really good ideas but I feel like maybe it needs a little bit of a kick 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The S Pen already has plenty of features it works with.
Main problem will be size.
To have an ir blaster or motion sensor etc
You'd have to increase the size of the S Pen
For that you need to make space in the phone, reducing space available for components and battery
I think it's great the way it is now
A lot of people will probably never use all the features and some not use the S Pen at all
0 Likes
Jab7865
Explorer
Options
It is great, and doesn't need to be those ideas specifically, but maybe just needs something new added to it. I use it quite often, would like to see 1 or 2 new features on it
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Jab7865 The S pen already has a number of features and as @Glenntech  has indicated  the ones you have suggested are not that practical  and  in my view would not really come out favourably in a cost benefit analysis.  However we do like to have an exchange of ideas on the community.  I'm taking it you still have the Note 20, anyway I am going to share a few articles. A review of the S Pen features on the S22  Ultra https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-s22-ultra-s-pen-features/ 

A look at the S Pen Pro https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-s-pen-pro/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes