Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S pen

(Topic created on: 30-10-2022 07:32 PM)
TeeJai
Student
Options
Hi. Never used a forum before so bear with me. 
I lost my s pen and the phone won't recognise the new one. What do I have to do? It's a Samsung galaxy 20 note.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisP88
Options

@TeeJai Hi there!

Could you confirm where you got the replacement S Pen from, please? Is it a Samsung official S Pen?

You can also find some other helpful troubleshooting in the below link for our colleagues in the US-

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001457/#:~:text=Navigate%20to%20Settings%2C%....

TeeJai
Student
Options
No it's not an official Samsung pen. I got it from amazon. Surely it should still recognise that there is an s pen inside the phone?
0 Likes
ChrisP88
Options

Please also check this link to follow steps to reconnect and reset the S Pen-

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-solve-s-pen-connection-issues/

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The phone wouldn't possibly recognise a 3rd party spen unfortunately @TeeJai 

There's quite some tech packed inside the official Samsung sPen that integrates with the tech inside the phone's silo and software in the phone for the sPen.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
XNigelX
First Poster
Options
Yes, I have the same problem, lost my SPen, which came with my note 20. Brought one pen,which says it is compatible with the note 20, did not work, Brought a second S pen again, which said it would work with the note 20 and again I get a message telling me no S pen connected. .
TeeJai
Student
Options
Yep. Mine does the same. It keeps alerting me that it's not in, even tho it is. I hope Samsung are not going down the same route as Apple where you HAVE TO buy their own brand stuff....seems hinkey that so many that are 'compatible' are not accepted by the phone.
SAMSUNG, SORT THIS OUT PLEASE
0 Likes