Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund processing time

(Topic created on: 11-09-2020 06:04 PM)
HopwoodUK
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I recently returned my Note 20 Ultra for a refund, I can see on the DPD site the package has been delivered.  

Does anyone know the approximate time for refund to get processed.  I did not get an email from Samsung to say the device had arrived, should I expect communications from Samsung on the progress of the return and refund.

Some companies send coms for every step of a return, and some don't but I have never returned anything to Samsung so I have no experience of the process.

All the best.
Peter

25 REPLIES 25
kradcliffe
Voyager
Options

It's quite vague. I'm the email I got its said quarantine first (no specific time) then 3 working days for assessment then 3 to 5 working days to process the refund. I wouldn't hold your breath...... 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've had the same email saying they'll take up to 3 days to assess the items returned and then if all is OK will issue a refund @HopwoodUK  @kradcliffe 

The weird thing is that just the Buds Live are shown in the email which were free with the pre order and in my Samsung Account it shows as return initiated only next to the Buds Live even though they've already collected the phone , buds live and Samsung Black Leather Back Case and the tracking says they have it.

I'm guessing their systems are slow at catching up.

I'll give them 3 days and see what happens.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I ordered the Clear View Flip Case for my Note 20 Ultra and sent it back after a few days or so.  I didn't keep track of the time, but I received an email informing me my refund.  I have since received the refund on my bank account. 

I would guess this in total was less than two weeks. 

I'm now in the process of waiting for the refund for the Note 20 Ultra and the EarBuds Live.  I mailed the package on 10 September and it arrived yesterday, 11 September.  (I returned it because Vodafone offers the Note 20 Ultra for €1085; I paid €1299 which included the free ear buds.)

When I receive the refund on my back account I'll mention that here in this thread.

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Update:

So far Samsung have today refunded the free Samsung Buds Live.

0 Likes
HopwoodUK
Journeyman
Options

I just had the most surreal conversation with Samsung returns, when I order my ultra 20 I ordered 2 one for me and one for my wife and 2 cases.  I returned one phone but decided to keep both cases.  I did not think anymore about it, as my wife would use both cases

I got an email today say the case was missing from the return, so I called and spoke to someone in returns at Samsung who said as one of the cases was part of a promotion, I needed to return the case, but could not tell me which of the 2 cases to return.  The operator suggested I need to figure it out, I am happy to return the case, but I need to know which one.  After a long conversation it transpired that the only way around this was to return the whole order so the whole order can be refunded.

So, I need to resurrect my wife’s old phone, like I did mine.  I feel like I have entered the twilight zone.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @HopwoodUK 

Doesn't it highlight in your Samsung Account what was ordered with what along with the prices charged ?

When I ordered my N20 Ultra I got a discount off the case which is why I sent it all back as I assumed I wouldn't be entitled to the extra discount as I was returning the phone.

Unfortunately after several emails to follow up the refund it appears that it can take 5 - 10 days for the refund to happen although they've refunded the Buds Live a day or so after collecting the parcel that I received free for pre ordering.

All 3 items were returned in the same box with 3 return notes.

So here I await for £1,200.00 to be returned to me.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@davehorne 

Any news on your refund yet ?

0 Likes
HopwoodUK
Journeyman
Options
Hi,

Yes my account shows each item and a price for each item, there was no bundled items, so any additional discount should be covered by the fact there is still one phone not being returned.

I was still very confused by the first conversation so I phoned back. The person i spoke to the second time thinks there is a misunderstanding and as I am not sending both phones back then the cases should not affect the return. he said he would let me know by email today or tomorrow. my wife likes the phone and want to keep it.

I wait, like you for the next stage, I would like a refund so I can go head and order a new phone, I dont want to order one until I get a conformation that a refund is coming.

Peter
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @HopwoodUK 

So an update from Samsung UK Shop Team is that they've not refunded the phone yet because logistics say they can't see the case I returned in the same box.

How that stops them refunding the phone and then refute the return of the Samsung case I'm not sure !

I've told them I'm not going to argue over a £35 case when I'm awaiting for  a refund of a £1,179.00 phone !

I'm now awaiting for another email.    :winking-face:

0 Likes