Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent update

(Topic created on: 13-06-2022 10:44 AM)
SueL
Journeyman
Options
So my phone  ( Note 20 Ultra 5G ) updated  this morning  .......  now my phone keeps launching random apps when I open it ( I have the LED wallet case ) and all my favourite websites that were saved in a folder on the home page have disappeared .  The websites I can cope with , but having to keep dismissing apps when I open my phone is extremely irritating  .....   Also the phone keeps turning off the volume from Sound to Mute so I don't get any notifications ,,and my LED case doesn't light up any more  .  Completely fed up with it now  -   does anyone have any idea how to fix it ?   Cheers !!
5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @SueL ,

that shouldn't be happening at all. Have you tried to remove the case and see if the same thing happens? May I ask what apps are opening by themselves and if there is anything that may be pressing the side buttons of the phone?

0 Likes
SueL
Journeyman
Options

Hello Tess , sorry for the late reply , I've been playing with things to try and find out exactly what is wrong !  So firstly , all of this is definitely connected with the case , I think it's mainly the sleep/wake function as it always launches whatever was on the top left-hand corner of the screen on whatever page was open when I closed the phone . My LED Icon Editor app also won't open , I get a " menu currently unavailable " message , when I get a message at all . I've cleared the cache , but to no avail . Is it just a coincidence that everything worked perfectly right up until the moment when I updated my phone ?  I'd just like to also inform you that this happened once before , last November when the phone wasn't even a year old . Because of a tiny scratch on the silver bottom right edge of the phone , I was advised by my local O2 store that this would invalidate the 2-year warranty , and therefore the phone would cost a lot of money to repair . I switched to a non-genuine Samsung , non sleep/wake case  , which I absolutely hated   -  after two or three months the phone fixed itself and my LED case worked perfectly , as did the phone , and did right up to yesterday ! I'm so confused now  -  what should my next move be , please ?

0 Likes
M_v_Dutch
Explorer
Options

I have the same problems with the Led view cover, in my opinion also after the software update.

SueL
Journeyman
Options
My local O2 store said that they were going to contact the Samsung rep to see if this had been reported by others - hopefully now it has been brought to their notice Samsung will send out a fix for it 🤞🏻🤞🏻
SueL
Journeyman
Options

Also I needed to use my credit card on Samsung pay last week , and that didn't work either  -  I deleted all the cards and added them again , but they still don't work  -  I am completely fed up now with all these problems since Samsung's update , and even more so as my phone is still within its two-year warranty period  -  surely this shouldn't be happening with such a premium phone  ?  Any help gratefully appreciated here !

0 Likes