BAN-1
Apprentice
Options

Same for me.

0 Likes
CrapService
First Poster
Options

Appalling customer service from Samsung, who are trying to suggest it is DPD who have the problem. No it's Samsung. Imagine screwing up delivery of your flagship launch phone that cost me £1279?! I was switching to ditch my Chinese phone. 1 hour waiting time for customer service in the Philippines who can't answer your questions or tell you what happened and when the phone will actually be delivered! Still got my case and Buds Live on Wednesday, just don't have a phone to use them with! If the Exynos chip is as ***** as I've heard, it will be heading straight back for a refund and I will buy a different brand. Samsung this is really, really bad.... Why not be proactive and tell customers you have a problem instead of lying and trying to cover it up? 

FatBoyii
Explorer
Options

I am in the same boat, was supposed to be here at 10.30, no phone.  Waited and hour on the phone to be told they have no information and they will email me tonight.   I would imagine that they have found a safety issue and can't ship faulty phones,   maybe they are catching fire again

0 Likes
FatBoyii
Explorer
Options

Think I  found the issue,   check your confirmation email from Samsung.  Follow the dpd tracking link.   Mine did not have the 10.30 date in, just the words "choose delivery time".   Just upgraded to Saturday delivery and now the dpd system is showing the delivery date and the usual dpd texts are comming

0 Likes
niruna95
Journeyman
Options

Hey FatBoyii

Does it still say the parcel hasn't been received by Samsung or did that all change after you upgraded to Saturday delivery? Wondering if I should do the same...

0 Likes
adz2ka
First Poster
Options

^ So you paid the initial £3.99 which was paid but failed to deliver, and now you've paid an extra £5 for Saturday delivery which also might not be guaranteed? Risky decision..

0 Likes
FatBoyii
Explorer
Options

Samsung refunded the 3.99.  I will ask them to cover the £5.   I just want the phone,   there is a free option to take next Monday.

0 Likes
FatBoyii
Explorer
Options

It now says parcel received and it shows a Saturday delivery,  you could go Monday that is free.  Samsung refunded the £3.50 I paid for the Friday delivery.   Now I have done this, all the usual DPD texts have arrived.   Cant be 100% sure until it arrives, but everything looks as it should now. 

0 Likes
FatBoyii
Explorer
Options

Not sure if anyone from Samsung reads these, but for those of us affected a good solution would be to send out the free pre order gift that we did not order as a gesture of good will. 

niruna95
Journeyman
Options

I just tried this - the delivery has changed to saturday but the status of the parcel still says not received. guess it isn't really much of a fix. tried calling up an waited for over an hour, and the advisor on the other end didn't understand what I was asking and kept telling me I will receive an email from Samsung about when it will be delivered (although I'm pretty sure I got this 2 days ago..)
frustrating really. thought buying direct would be a good idea - never again

0 Likes