Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIN not working Note 20 Ultra 5G

(Topic created on: 03-11-2022 11:02 PM)
DrVictim
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Out of nowhere this morning my PIN just stopped being accepted. I've had the same PIN for about 10 years on different phones, have no idea why it is rejecting it.

Cannot now log into device, cannot even power off due to needing to enter PIN. Is there anything I can do other than wait for the battery to drain down and do a hard reset? 

I have tried all the defaults in case there was a software issue 0000, 1234 etc. Remote unlock is off. Anything an expert may be able to do? I am dumbfounded as to what has happened!

Thanks!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @DrVictim 

This may help  > I-cant-unlock-my-device/I can't unlock my Samsung phone & Remote unlock is off 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
DrVictim
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have reviewed this guide but ultimately I think only hard reset is an option. However my battery still has 77% charge after a day and it will need to run down to do it.

A phone tech shop said they may be able to help but I don't want to give my google account info out also (as shown on the guide you reference).

Do I really have to just wait for the battery to die? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@DrVictim: The guide provided by @BandOfBrothers mentioned Find My Mobile. If you follow the link below and log into the Samsung account that is registered to your Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, you should be able to remotely unlock the phone from here. 

https://findmymobile.samsung.com

Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
DrVictim
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew,

That sadly only works if remote unlock is on. I have had to factory reset my phone - I found a way to do it before the battery dying which is plug a cable in to a laptop and use the volume down and power button, then volume up and power whilst rebooting. 

It is a great shame as I have lost data I have had for years and years and photos etc, still no idea why my PIN stopped working but there we go.

0 Likes