Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone going black and refreshing

(Topic created on: 27-03-2023 08:23 AM)
Rshah122
Apprentice
Options
Hello this isn't an emergency but just asking if anyone knows why when I'm using Google the phone goes black and the whole phone refreshes suddenly like you've restarted the phone and it locks itself. This has only happened twice today.
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Rshah122 

It may not be an " emergency " but this does need troubleshooting.

Is it Google Chrome your using that causes this conflict  ?

If so make sure everything is updated and then refresh your phone by turning it off and on.

You can also clear it's cache via Settings > Apps > Google Chrome > Storage > Clear Cache > and if absolutely necessary Clear Data.

You can also clear your phone's System Cache Partition Files which will not delete your personal data. 

> Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If this does not help then maybe close down the app and disable it in your Settings > Apps Section and then try another such as Samsung Internet and then see what happens.

You also can use Safe Mode > Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

If this still continues then run the diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members app and if necessary a Factory Reset after backing up.

Finally a Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Rshah122
Apprentice
Options
Thanks mate
Rshah122
Apprentice
Options
Hey mate thanks for the help before the same thing has happened again buy this time right when I launch device care and also I have tried all button combonitions volume up power button and volume down power button but I cannot get the phone into recovery mode
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Are you still connecting the phobe to a laptop to get into recovery mode @Rshah122 

> Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ghosty
Voyager
Options
My phone has also been doing this randomly since the last update. It's not too much of a problem so far, screen goes black for a sec or two then the phone locks. Hoping the next update will fix it 🤞