Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications sound not working

(Topic created on: 03-06-2022 10:56 PM)
Jamie21
Student
Options
Hello when I'm trying to look for a new notification on sound settings there's no sound my notifications isn't on silent and when I reseve a text no notification sound plays I've reset my settings but still not 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
LucaBlackout
Journeyman
Options
Someone else could be receiving your notification before you, and they get the notification sound, see it before you then it's shown on your device, trust me I've had this happen on my s20 ultra, now 6 months into s21 ultra I'm seeing a repeated pattern, check your system io for any unidentified apps
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Jamie21: Please head to the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Notifications > On > General Notifications > Alert (tap to enable) > Sound > Select your preferred option. Go back and apply the same settings to 'New Messages', then close the Messages app and go to Settings > Sounds and Vibration, and make sure that Sound mode is enabled. Let me know if this helps. 

rneswald
First Poster
Options

I tried this but there is no general settings for my phone. Do you have another step by step? I have tried everything I can think of

0 Likes
rneswald
First Poster
Options

Sorry I meant General Notofications

0 Likes
LAMECELL
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just found this and it worked after several other suggestions that FAILED! "I have placed the solution on this board. But I wanted to put it in a couple of places so people could find it. Via T-Mobile I found the solution. Go to settings, apps, messaging, storage and clear cache and data. Those are 2 separate places down at the bottom of the screen. This does not delete any of your messages and Hallelujah I finally have sound for my text."

0 Likes
Berk2
First Poster
Options

I have  a Samsung S20FE. I have tried all the solutions mentioned her but still no sound. Any ideas?

0 Likes