Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification Grouping

(Topic created on: 19-08-2022 04:11 PM)
KimHuff1701
Student
Options

I've been using Samsung Android phones since the Note 3 and S4.

One of the features I love is notification grouping.  I don't remember when it stopped working, but it was definitely working on my current Note20 Ultra 5g.  It seems like it started after an update but I noticed many of my apps were taking up a huge amount of space in my notifications.  Currently, the grouping of my notifications work for some app but not others.

For example, all my Twitter notifications are grouped, but my YouTube and CNN are no longer grouping. My Gmail, weather, and Reddit apps are grouping just fine today, but in the last several months my Reddit stopped grouping my notifications and then switched back to grouping even though I did nothing.  I've tried uninstalling apps and reinstalling them and that doesn't seem to help. I've called Verizon and Samsung with zero help; most techs don't even know what I mean by grouping notifications. 

My CNN and YouTube used to work, but I don't know what changed because now I see every single notification and that's too many to weed through. 

How do I fix this? There's got to be a setting somewhere but I've googled this many times to no avail. 

Regards,

Kim Huff
"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you?" ~ Yoda, Star Wars Empire Strikes Back

Regards,

Kim Huff
"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you?" ~ Yoda, Star Wars Empire Strikes Back
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel Urban
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. I'm getting snap notification from all people and it's annoying when it's not grouped..

Members_hTFYnr6
First Poster
Options

Just bought a S22 (my first Samsung coming from a Pixel) and having the same issue. Notice it mainly on notifications from google calendar app (samsung calendar is grouping as I'd expect though). Starting to have buyer's regret as it looks horrible.

Saurabh Agarwala
First Poster
Options

I have been facing the same issue and it's quite irritating. Has someone been able to find the solution for this? 

@KimHuff1701 @Members_hTFYnr6 @Daniel Urban 

0 Likes
Giuliano1nh3r3
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. Have not found a solution.  #samsung  can you help??

0 Likes