Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Note 20 ultra stuck on android 10,uk 02 network

(Topic created on: 03-03-2022 09:02 PM)
ARCHANGEL666
Journeyman
Options

I've recently purchased a grade A refurbished note 20 ultra here in the UK to replace my note 10,the phone is stuck on android 10 ui 2.5,ive tried everything to force update with no luck,factory reset,clear cache,reset network settings,ive tried different carrier sim and also smartwitch on pc,nothing works,has anyone any idea of issues or a fix,ive even contacted Samsung who basically asked if I had done all of the above and then just told me to wait for update to show up,surely August 2020 security patch is not normal on this phone and should at least now be capable of running android 11

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
GooseSnipe
Voyager
Options
Have a look at flashing it with the unbranded BTU firmware if it doesn't already have it on there, failing that, are you able to use banking apps etc on it ?
0 Likes
ARCHANGEL666
Journeyman
Options
Yes,all is working perfect other than the firmware,my note 10 was running latest firmware so why is this not,im not real tech savvy so not sure about flashing etc,worried I will brick the phone
0 Likes
GooseSnipe
Voyager
Options
I only asked in case it was rooted, and maybe running non genuine firmware
0 Likes
ARCHANGEL666
Journeyman
Options
Oh,to be fair when I bought it it still had all labels on,came from a reputable place and was immaculate,dont think its been tampered with,just scratching my head with it,even smartswitch through pc says its up to date software wise,samsung were no help at all on Web chat
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Please go to settings, about phone, software information and let me know the kernel version and service provider software version.
0 Likes
ARCHANGEL666
Journeyman
Options
SAOMC_SM-N986B_OXM_BTU_QQ_0007
R5CN819F65E
BTU/BTU,BTU/XSG
0 Likes
ARCHANGEL666
Journeyman
Options
MDF v3.1 Release 5
WLAN v1.0 Release 2
VPN PP-MOD v2.1 Release 3.0.1
ASKS v3.1 Release 20200120
ADP v3.0 Release 20191001
FIPS BoringSSL v1.4
FIPS SKC v2.1
FIPS SCrypto v2.5
FIPS FMP v2.0
SMR Aug-2020 Release 1
0 Likes
ARCHANGEL666
Journeyman
Options
this is what I have
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can you give me the kernel version as well, pls?
0 Likes