Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra specs from Samsung Malaysia - please verify this!

(Topic created on: 29/07/20 21:41)
fredphoesh
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hello folks,

My Note 10 fingerprint reader is absolutely terrible for my fingers. I have factory reset my phone, tried some tweaks, tried all my fingers, and it is just awful. I was very excited to hear about the new ULTRASONIC FINGER PRINT READER, but was fearing that because it is a Qualcomm feature, that it would not exist in the Exynos (UK) variant... but apparently it IS, which is fantastic news, if it is true. See here, a chart I got from the Malaysian Samsung Community groups. 

Can anyone here verify this, I am really excited, may just stay with Samsung for my next upgrade!

here is a bigger version of the photo

note20ultra.png

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

As the Samsung Note 20 Ultra hasn't been officially launched yet by Samsung and all the rumours on specs etc is just that right now.

You’ll need to wait and see what does officially happen with this phone @fredphoesh when Samsung launch the phone on the Unpacked Event in August. Not long to go now.

Some features and specs are sometimes region dependent but here's to hoping as many as possible  enhancements are enjoyed by users with the Snapdragon and Exynos Chipsets versions.

Exciting times ahead  😀

In regards to the Samsung Note10 + 5G Scanner I found these settings helped on my phone.

When setting up take x3 scans with each thumb and then rotate the phone around when taking further prints of each thumb so your phone can read both thumbs from the same finger print scan. Scan your prints as you would normally hold the phone.

Also using two fingers when setting up one fingerprint works pretty well.

Go into Settings . Biometrics and Security.  Biometrics Preferences . Turn Off Screen Transition Effect.

Then go into Settings and search for Optomise Battery Usage. Tap in Optimise  Battey Usage  tap to show All and scroll down to com.samsung.android.biom and toggle Off

For me this improved the fps on my Note 10+ 5G which I appreciate is a different model to yours but should be the same outcome- hopefully.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
hudanuamah
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
JUST 23 HOURS TILL UNPACKED. PLEASE WATCH THE LIVE STREAM AT samsung.com/uk/unpacked
0 Likes
hudanuamah
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
join now the samsung member discord at ..........................
0 Likes