The S Pen on my new note 20 ultra is not working on the bottom half of the screen anywhere within the fingerprint sensor area. I filed a claim with Assurian and the new replacement today is doing the same exact thing. I've never been so discouraged with a cell phone experience. Only one payment made and already two phones with the same problem. UGH. I cannot find any info about this same problem anywhere else so far so you can imagine having it happen on two new phones is mindboggling. Any suggestions? Thanks, Mike
Solved! Go to Solution.
Certainly a conundrum @mwwall
If this was my phone issue I'd consider the following troubleshooting…
1. Remove any sd card as sometimes a misbehaving one can cause issues.
2. Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way.
3. First please put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops.
4. Back up and then Remove any relevant sd card and factory reset.
5. A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look.
6. Swap it out.
I wish you all the best with this.
Current Phone ~
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+
Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.