Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 20 ultra overheating

(Topic created on: 26-08-2020 12:02 AM)
MATTHEW13
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

My Note 20 ultra get extremely hot 5 minutes with the camera app open nothing else in use. my phone storage memory also uses 47.7gb for memory storage  & apparently it normal.I called today spoke to a customer service representative. They said most likely a update would have to be release but more people have to call to report it in, cause they haven't heard from anyone supposly.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
🤣🤣 they told me an update would fix the s10 camera and now im stuck in contract with no fix for the camera, don't fall for scamsung, send it back ASAP

View solution in context

Solution
MATTHEW13
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Yes , I was told either bring it in it youbreakifix so they can test , or send it back , but they don't have the one I have in stock

View solution in context

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
Solution
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
🤣🤣 they told me an update would fix the s10 camera and now im stuck in contract with no fix for the camera, don't fall for scamsung, send it back ASAP

View solution in context

EllyH
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Happened to me too initially but after a couple of days, this seemed to improve. Battery life improved and camera heating issues seemed to improve too. No more overheating issues so far. Takes a while to calibrate itself.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi @MATTHEW13 

Some have said that when using the camera the battery does deplete faster. If enough people report this back via the Samsung Members App to Samsung then they should take note and push out an update.

Background activity will still take place even though your not using the functions and features of the phone so the phone will warm up and also the heat from your hands will warm the phone up too and some cases may hinder heat dissipation.

However the phone should warm up to the point where it can't be held.

If it is seek support from a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre. 

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Yvonne0114
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I have the same issue too. Phone getting hotter, need to switch it off to cool down.

I havent install any apps or playing game with my note 20 ultra. Just start using the camera for not more than 5 mins.... Should i send the phone to authorised technician?

Ibo1974
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I have the exact same issue I realized 3 days after my purchase measured at 57 c during YouTube watching 

0 Likes
EISAK
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I have the same problem too, with simple use. Once I answer the call via the phone, the device overheats and is very hot
Even after today's software update the problem persists

Solution
MATTHEW13
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Yes , I was told either bring it in it youbreakifix so they can test , or send it back , but they don't have the one I have in stock

View solution in context

0 Likes
Hartleyh
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I have the same problem with my Galaxy Note 20 ultra; if I use the phone for more than 5 minutes it gets very hot; was just completing some banking and paying bills this morning and had to turn off the phone as it was getting way too warm. When I've got it on charge it really does get very very warm.
0 Likes
SL2555
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I have the same problem when using the camera apps. The phone heated up in less than 3mins and I only took 3 pictures. My phone is already updated to the latest Android OS.

0 Likes