Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra (Exynos): "Normal" Battery Life Remaining at Full Charge?

(Topic created on: 24/11/20 19:59)
JamesStark36
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi All,

I am curious, once Note 20 Ultra is charged to 100%, what is the battery life remaining that you guys see?

What should be the "normal" time remaining?

I have been using my phones for around 2 months.

The best that it can goes is 1 d 18 h left (However only managed to achieve this 2 times so far).

It rarely goes up to 1 d 10/12 h left.

Most of the times it was 1 d 5/6/7 h left.

Then it drops to 1 d 0/1/2/3/4 h left recently.

There was one time it came to 23 h left only!!!

These few days it seems to increase gradually again and it reaches 1 d 14 h left at this moment.

Is the battery/charger faulty as the patterns seems changing?

The phone is still learning my usage pattern? (Not too much changes daily though, not sure what caused the drop)

November software update is the reason?

Use S pen a lot / not using it regularly causes significant differences on charging?

Unplug immediately / after 15 minutes (for examples) caused any differences?

Please kindly share your thoughts here.

Thank you!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I used the Exynos for a relatively short time before sending it back to Samsung UK @JamesStark36 but I did find the phone gave me 2 days usage in connection to my own personal usage habits, apps, preferences settings etc.

The thing is screen on time and battery usage is a subjective topic as we all set up our phone's differently and have different usage habits so typically one person's experience is different to another's. 

My expectation is that my phone gets me through a day which the Exynos version did and so does my current Snapdragon version now.

Samsung-Note-20-ultra-my-initial-thoughts. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
lmmartinsn
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
well not too sure about tips and tricks, but the thing is though, enable the developer settings and so turn it off the background apps with in mind my 20Ultra nearly 2x days didn't counted hours to be fair ...and HD+ resolution, 5G off. let's say i do charge every 2 days
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi @lmmartinsn 

I prefer to use the built in sleep and deep sleep options for some of my apps as I do prefer certain notifications to come through via some apps.

If a person uses something like that in Developer Options then that has the potential to stop all notifications,  but if that's their wish then maybe that's a good tip.

I turn Off 5G in my phone's connection settings too because…

1,  I can't get 5G on my tariff type so I don't need my phone searching for 5G.  

2,  5G is known as a current resource hog using battery.

3,  5G currently provides faster downloads and not really improves surfing speeds so I'm not really needing it right now. 

I want the 120hz adaptive refresh rate which does not seem to vastly.

I watched screen on time at first but not now.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes