Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 20 ultra delivery delay. WHY SAMSUNG WHY

(Topic created on: 21-08-2020 09:14 PM)
kay202020
Apprentice
Options
I hope all youtube blog makers read this and take it on board and mention this mess up by samsung.

Hi everyone. i posted a message on here this morning and read all reviews so far. it seems as if samsung have thought they are UNTOUCBLES, do as they wish. They think people are dumb and stupid. Me and my entire family have been very loyal customers of samsung for over a decade but today decide its time to leave samsung and move to some other company. VERY CHILDISH MOVE BY SAMSUNG. SO MANY PEOPLE UPSET AND FRUSTRATED. 

Time to leave samsung and move on everyone. 
13 REPLIES 13
HectorPow
First Poster
Options
are you sure the delivery delay is the fault of Samsung? mine came yesterday
0 Likes
Members_0fCbDwE
First Poster
Options
do not give them an option to go for this in media. even negative article is a good marketing for them. once received, just return the handset and move on. that's what I will do!!
0 Likes
fonix232
Pioneer
Options
Given Samsung's track record with preorder deliveries, I doubt it's their fault. A good majority of people got their pre-orders up to a week before it was released. And yes, there is a chance, when a company ships hundreds of thousands of units for release day, that one or two gets misplaced, ends up on the wrong outgoing truck, etc.

Also, at least in the UK, Samsung uses DPD for deliveries, who are notorious about mishandling packages. On multiple occasions I had to run around between their depos to get my parcel, and their people were not a little bit helpful, shrugging it off. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the parcels went "missing", or they couldn't have enough people out, thus decided to delay some of the deliveries.

I know it's annoying, but I'd recommend you wait a bit for an official statement before you switch brands because of a single muckup that is most likely not Samsung's fault.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I agree with @fonix232 that a delivery of a phone issue isn't enough to warrant to move brands but I submit it's up to the individual on how they wish to deal with the disappointment of not receiving their phone.

I usually go to my local Samsung Experience Store in the Uk to buy but this time around the lure of the free Buds Live was too compelling so I pre ordered online for delivery on Friday 21st before 10:30.

We don't usually get freebies in the Uk as it's typically just a Trade In your old phone offer !

I received emails and texts from Samsung Friday Morning saying they had re scheduled for Monday so at least I could get on with my day.

Whilst this is very annoying as I had arranged for a day's annual leave to be in for delivery and paid £3.99 there isn't much I can do about it as I want the phone.

There's not much point in reacting by buying another from my local Samsung Experience Store and then sending the online one back when it comes as I'd also have to surrender the Buds Live too.

When my order has been fulfilled I'll be penning an email to the Samsung Online Shop Team and at least asking for the extra cash I paid for delivery  which I feel is reasonable.

I hope everyone that's been affected gets their nice new shiny Samsung phone ASAP.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
MakaylaMcShanWhite
First Poster
Options

Pretty annoyed myself. I had signed up for the reservation online to get dibs on pre orders, pre orders came, i made my order for the Note20 Ultra 512gb, orginal date was August 19th, then it switched to the 21st, and now it says September 15th! This is the 2nd time I have had issues with Samsung. Not looking to good. I couldve gone and bought in person by now. 

neast25
Student
Options

I've had lots of issues with Samsung this year. Not only delayed deliveries but far more. They emailed on Friday to advise of delivery delays. DPD hadn't even received my TabS7plus and Galaxy Watch3 which were supposed to be delivered Thursday.

I've been a Samsung customer since the first galaxy mobile. I've converted lots of people to Samsung over the years and most of those are now loyal Samsung customers too.

My Note 20 ultra did arrive early. However, that's another problem because that has a faulted rear camera lens. That was supposed to be collected Friday to be returned for a replacement and hasn't. I have spent over 9 hours on phone calls to try and resolve the problems and I'm no further forward. I was promised a call back from a manager on Wednesday, it's now Sunday and they still haven't called back. I was also supposed to receive an email with confirmation of collection of the faulted  Note 20 Ultra and that hasn't happened either.

So after they have taken £2,500 I have to show for it is 2 days so far wasted waiting for deliveries/collections, that haven't happened. Samsung Shop customer support do not have the ability to deal with issues, they are rude and unpleasant to deal with and have made me lose my temper on 3 of the many calls made to them.  On one call, they put me on hold then hung up on me after 15 mins of being on hold.

I am more then annoyed by this years problems and this has made me look at other manufacturers with a view to switch away from Samsung.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good at all @neast25 

May I ask what the issue was with the camera module ?

In regards to the Samsung Online Shop Team my preference is to email them on support@samsunguk.zendesk.com

That way there's a paper trail.

Whilst I appreciate Samsung will be ultra busy with the launch of several products and the logistics of delivering them they still need to provide a duty of care and support those that need it.

My delivery was pushed back from launch date to this Monday coming which is annoying as I took an annual leave day to accept delivery and paid for delivery before 10:30am.

Sometimes things go wrong to which I'm sure most accept but then it's down to how this is corrected that instils confidence back into the products and company.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🏳️‍🌈Stay safe🏳️‍🌈

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
neast25
Student
Options

Hi

The camera lens has what appears to be an actual chip out of it. No other apparent damage or drop marks or anything.

I have now received my tablet and watch, a few days late.

Whilst I accept that issues do occur, it is as you say, how they deal with it which matters.

I am again on the phone to them, today's call is over 1 hour and 10 minutes. This now takes the calls I have had to make to them to over 11 hours.

I am not convinced that they are actually taking my complaint seriously and they keep on trying to offer me a voucher in way of apology which might be acceptable if they could actually resolve the issue with collection and replacement first. 

fuzzywayne
Student
Options

I pre ordered the note 20ultra, watch, buds and game controller later then I should have? (aug 19th)  Looks like my ship date has changed 3 times? October 6th is the latest date. Can't confirm the wired headset will be sent, I have contacted "support" 3 times once by chat and twice by phone. Chat results, was told the wired headphones will be with the phone.

Called about the date changes, was told that it's a warehouse issue, I asked if maybe I could get an extra discount code or something. Was told sorry sir there is nothing I can do. I guess I should have asked to talk with her boss? I have one positive for my order, it will have expedited shipping! My first Samsung phone was an S3, I have not used another brand since. I had the opportunity to buy out the company I worked for 5 years ago, Only brand I have had my employees use for company bought phones- Samsung.