Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Clear View Cover - anyone got one?

(Topic created on: 27-08-2020 11:09 AM)
fx777
Explorer
Options

Last year with the Note 10+, they released this same cover, but it had a major flaw in that once the case was on it showed the time and notifications down the clear view strip, but then after a few seconds the display went off and it showed nothing.  If you pressed the power button, it came back on and showed the same details, but then went off again after a few seconds.  So basically it didn't stay on all the time (unlike the Always on Display which would be continuous if you didn't have the cover on).   There was a setting to turn on a sort of 'always on view' with case, but this only showed the time continuously but no notifications UNLESS you pressed the button, which sort of defeats the object of being able to see details at a glance without having to press buttons/open cases etc... 

So this time, has anything changed?  Does it still go off after a few seconds?  or can you make it show the time AND any notifications all the time?  Anyone who has one if they could let me know.  Thanks 😉

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

When I close the cover, the time is displayed at the top of the phone for ten seconds or so. 

The panel goes black for a second and the time then appears in a different location. The location of the clock will change during the day as well, I assume to prevent burn in. 

I have Always On Display set from 9 in the morning to midnight. 

I'd go to a Samsung store or give them a call. 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

Both my Note 10 Plus and my Note 20 Ultra had / have the Clear View cover from Samsung. 

They both performed as advertised. 

My next Note will probably also use a Clear View cover. 

Watch4 Classic
0 Likes
fx777
Explorer
Options

Ok, thanks for the reply, so if you are using it now on your Note 20 Ultra, does it turn itself off after a few seconds still and not show the time AND notifications continuously, unless you press a button? 

Solution
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

When I close the cover, the time is displayed at the top of the phone for ten seconds or so. 

The panel goes black for a second and the time then appears in a different location. The location of the clock will change during the day as well, I assume to prevent burn in. 

I have Always On Display set from 9 in the morning to midnight. 

I'd go to a Samsung store or give them a call. 

Watch4 Classic
fx777
Explorer
Options

Ok thanks for the detailed response, that's pretty much as it was with the Note 10 case. Which is of course how it was intended as you say, for me personally its a shame it doesn't show the notifications all the time as to see if i have any i'd have to press a button.  Thanks again. 

0 Likes
GRT77
Apprentice
Options
These are my settings, I now have the time, date and battery level on permanently, although to skip music with Spotify I've to press the power button and flick upwards. Tried phoning the mobile and it allows calls showing red and green 📞 and I get my notifications alert .. It is what it is.. It'll never be as good as my note 9 clear view standing cover..
Duc_Tran
Student
Options

My Clear view only display clock when the cover closed. 

Cannot display the new notification icon when cover closed, until press on the power button.

Does anyone met this issue? 

And how to fix this to display all new notification when turn Always On Display with cover closed?

Many thanks

GRT77
Apprentice
Options
Look at my picture previously and see my settings compared to yours, I get time , date battery percentage, I can control Spotify briefly without the power button and when calls n texts come in, I'm notified to answer as if cover was open..
0 Likes
Duc_Tran
Student
Options

Thank you for your reply, but that's not what I need. I want to display all notification (icons) on my cover without press the power button. Not only Date time and battery percent. 

0 Likes
notrealjrg
First Poster
Options

Is there any solution to view notifiocations on cover without pressing the power button ? AoD is on show always but it shows only when I press the button