Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Camera Problem

(Topic created on: 10/03/21 13:41)
JunaidFazal
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Anyone else having issues with the Note 20 Ultra 5g camera, the camera won't autofocus, but once it hits 5x zoom it is crystal clear, anything before 5x is so blurry, help please! 
40 REPLIES 40
UwU1
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

you can try also to go on samsung members phone care and interactive checks too to se if it has any problem

0 Likes
JunaidFazal
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Had a response months ago, saying it's due to digital zoom, and once it hits 5x it switches to its periscope lense
0 Likes
UwU1
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

thats after 10x zoom

0 Likes
UwU1
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

or 8x zoom it depends on the note 20 ultra model exynos or snapdragon

0 Likes
JunaidFazal
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Whichever it is, after 5x zoom my camera is perfect
0 Likes
Lalic22
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I know I'm a tad late to jump in. But since I got the phone (from Samsung s9+), I notice it sometimes takes a bit for it to focus. Whether it is closer or a few feet away, I click on the subject for the camera to focus on, and it tries to focus then feels it's 'focused'.. Which is blurry. I have changed some of my settings to the same ones as my buddy with the same phone, and s21 and still same issue. Got auto focus on. And reset settings. This camera is a total disappointment. If I need to capture a quick required pic, I lost it cuz of the amount of time I spend focusing. 

JunaidFazal
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Yeah I've had this issue as well, I solved through resetting camera settings and restarting phone, but also happens with updates as well.
0 Likes
Lalic22
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Sadly I've done the resetting the cam settings and rebooting. It's so disappointing spending 2K on a poopoo phone. I love my pics so blurry doesn't cut it

0 Likes
SkeafMan
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi folks, quick update for you. I've posted on here about my experience with the Note 20 Ultra's camera. In January I sent the phone to a Samsung approved repair agent in Dublin and they returned the phone within a few days. They replaced the entire rear camera unit. I was very happy with Samsungs energy to help me get my phone fixed, but I've been let down badly by the follow on support. After the repair was carried out; I asked the repair agent in Dublin for a detailed report on what exactly was the fault, what tests did they carry out and what the repair was. I wanted to know in case if this was a once-off occurrence or if I can expect this to happen again, etc. I received very vague answers and when  I challenged them; I got answers that were really poor, ones you'd expect from a six year old too be honest. Example; They said they replaced a "faulty component" and when I wanted to know what that was; they said they replace the camera (nothing specific, e.g. sensor, motor, lens) and when I asked what caused the fault; their reply was "faults happen, we just replace what we see is broken". So I went back to Samsung directly, explained the issue with the repair center and they assured me they would get a report. It never materialized. I contacted them again and was in touch with a new person and had to go through the whole story AGAIN and guess, what.....STILL NOTHING.

So, Guys I can't tell you why the camera was replaced or what the exact issue was; but now it seems to be resolved. I've not had time with work to test out the repair fully, but the shots seem ok. I'm not at all confident in the camera and I'm wondering if this is a fundamental design flaw. The phone is VERY expensive and is their flagship model....but the camera on my old S9 was far better and gave me far clearer, crisper photos. I do like the phone overall, but feel very disappointed over the support and the camera worries. I'm not sure if I'll go back to Samsung the next time I need a new phone. For now; given the hassle to get answers from Samsung; I'm just leaving it until the next time I need the camera and the shots are terrible. Then I'm sure it's back to square one and the repair process starts again. 

Ardeshir2907
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I have the same problem most of times main camera doesn't auto focus and result is blurry. but at the same time wide 0.5x and telephoto 5x works fine and auto focus works correctly.

the ridiculous solution is a small knock to camera and auto focus start working also changing between video and camera can resolve issue temporary until the next time that you start the camera app  

I think the issue appear after some updates . I cannot remember that before last update. also i remember the same problem before first update. the issue goes and come back after sequential updates

0 Likes